Thankful Thursday

1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 

I was very thankful for rain this morning.  That meant I didn’t have to water the lawn.  It was still kind of gray this morning when I left for work but I am not sure what it will be like when I leave work this afternoon.  I did notice a hazardous weather alert in my email box so it is pretty obvious it won’t be good.   Well after my errands It will be a night in.
Things at work are currently status quo at the moment.   I am getting caught up with the work that was collecting on my desk while I was on vacation this week.   Elsewhere on the campus the guy who smashed a window he was offended by has resigned and no charges will be pursued.  In a statement/message released by the President today the window will be replaced with stained glass.  Others of this nature (racially oppressive) will probably move into a more appropriate setting (such as Art Galleries, museums).
I talked with my brother last night he is doing good.  He was enjoying his mid-week day off and getting ready for work for the rest of the week.  I am a little embarrassed I didn’t ask about my nephews and niece but I did ask about Ms. Kitty.  I will be checking in with him over the weekend I am sure.  I guess the reason I don’t always ask is I could contact them myself.  I just need to actually do it.
Liz is meeting up with me this afternoon at the CU to check something on the account.      Hopefully we can both understand it.  She shared some pictures of the kids in Florida this past week.  Both her and her husband have been doing their church, and community service, and doctor appointments.
I haven’t heard from “E” except maybe through FB.  Her kids on the other hand have been rather vocal on same site.  Niece “D” is struggling with some issues in her work life that her health has been affecting.  Not sure what is going to happen but maybe it’s time I call her instead of IM’ing on the computer.  Every so often Nephew J and his bride “N” post things about their furry friends or the latest bar activity.

My attempt at keeping up with the birthdays is not going so well this week.  I missed several Just in the last couple of days between family, friends, neighbors, coworkers.  I am going to have to sit down this week and do it sometime.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

I was wondering why