Thankful Thursday

1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 
11.         I am thankful I got a new phone for what I consider a reasonable price.

I have to actually start this with I feel like crap this morning even though I have been feeling okay.  Despite a few aches and twinges of pains.  I had too much steak with fat on it and caused me to have problems during the night.  I won’t be anxious to eat anything today.    I am picking up my meds tomorrow on the way home from the cardiologist.  He has the FMLA forms signed and I need to do whatever it is to get them to the HR office.
Missy Tiger has been needy in the last couple of days especially in the morning.  I guess I take my chances and hug her and keep petting her then.  Sky was nowhere to be seen after breakfast me thinks he headed to under the bed to sleep.  He was running around crazily this morning.  He did that a few times in the last couple of days.  He has his vet visit on Saturday.  He also attempted to go outside last night it made me nervous.
Yesterday I got an invitation to BIL’s birthday dinner at Gusto’s here in town.  I haven’t been to that place in quite some time but it is great place as I recall.  Its busy at Holiday time.  It is on the 14th which means I will have to cancel bingo that day.
It was Nephew John and his wife Nicole’ 2nd Wedding Anniversary.  I was able to send an e-card and they replied really quickly and of course they got a lot of well wishes on FB.  I can’t believe it’s been two years already.  I hope they come for a visit soon as I think they are planning on moving back to Seattle when his latest enlistment is finished.
My Cousin Lee called last night.  I know he was having a really hard time dealing with the loss of his little brother.  He is leaving Friday for SC to scatter his brother’s ashes at Pauly’s favorite beach.  His sister will be flying in and meeting him down there.

I know I have mentioned changes coming for this Department well yesterday I discovered that YMG will cease to exist on August 30th and “rebranding itself as “Yale Medicine”.  I think its named after a monthly magazine here.  It will entail training, luncheons to celebrate the renaming and a few things.  I think this the third or 4th rename of the department as a whole since I started working here.
President Salvoy announced today there is a New of Forestry and Environmental Studies.  She is Ingrid Burke and will be coming from the Haub School of Forestry in Wyoming.  She will be here until 2021.  She will be joined by her husband who also worked at University of Wyoming.
Handyman Bill will be coming either today or tomorrow to fix the sprayer on the sink and to look at the vent in the downstairs bathroom.  Sis offered to come and stay but we didn’t get that far.
On the way home the other day I stopped at the light and thanked a policeman who was working traffic down the street from a construction project.  He was very appreciative of the sentiment.


Enjoy your Thursday everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on