Thankful THursday


1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.

 2.            I am thankful for my kitties

3.            I am thankful for my job

4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health

5.            I am thankful for my neighbors

6.            I am thankful for my home

7.            I am thankful for my friends

8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.

9             I am thankful for the weather.

10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 



When I started this post I was watching POTC at World’s end for the billionth time waiting for the thunderstorm to arrive.    I was glad because I didn’t want to water the lawn that night.  The weather has been beautiful up until then.  It would rain Friday morning and again Friday night and is beautiful Saturday which is good because of Woodmont Day but back to rain on Sunday.  I was really hoping it would be cooler and I haven’t been disappointed.

I did something rather silly on Thursday after I balanced my checkbook I sent a text message to Liz letting her know but what I didn’t realize it also included Jim in the text…the conversation from several days ago.  So he asked me about it.  I didn’t really answer the question but I felt like I proved Liz right again.

Liz and I almost got into an argument earlier this week as we rehashing old family history.  It annoyed me but I didn’t say anything to her but the cats sure heard me when I got off the phone.  I would really like it if she got over old history and wasn’t so bitter about it.  Unfortunately it is very important to her.

My brother was going to come up Friday to be here for the 5K that is kicking off the Woodmont Day festivities shortly but he worked late and when he called he was tired.  I said he needs to listen to his body.  So he is leaving shortly to be here midmorning.  I was a little relieved because I wanted to make sure the house was in straightened.  So I have been doing the laundry again and shortly will be doing the litter boxes.  Any way we still may go to the Woodmont Day but also try the Savin Rock Festival and or the Sandcastle event at Walnut beach.  IF parking isn’t a problem.

Work is going okay.  I have been given a new task this week.  Data entry of Insurance refunds.  It is very interesting and organization is very important.  The new rebranding campaign continues this week.  The second e-training needs to be done by August 10.

I missed the monthly DTC meeting this week.  It dawned on me after I got off the phone with Liz that night.  We are preparing for the campaigns and have had some events coming up.  I understand there was a gathering somewhere to (I think it was a bar) to watch the final DNC convention but I was not interested.  WE do have to get ready for our biggest fundraiser in August and that’s the annual Oyster Festival in town. 

Friday I talked with Dr. T and she has a lot to do in the next year to prepare for the move to FL.  It will include dissolving the woman’s club/girls club.  She wants to tell the girls herself.  It will be quite interesting.

The kitties have been pretty good.  I suspect one is somewhere in this mechanism of this sofa recliner while the other one is under the bed in a newly made hammock.    I have to get more food for them this week along with kitty litter.  I spent a lot of time with Tiger today.

Now I am going to take a nap.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Cheryl's Party