Skip to main content

This Weekend

The house has been very hot at night for the last few days.  I usually tell Liz and anyone else that we have a great breeze.  Well because it has been hot I made sure all windows are open.  The ceiling fans and the window fans are all on.  I don’t want to use the AC.  Right now there is a breeze a very light breeze coming through.  The weather forecast is predicting thunderstorms in areas.  I hope it cools it off because it is becoming uncomfortable.

The whole thing with the checking account and why the charges I got were straightened out.  I have to really pay attention to the “funds available” a little better.  The guy who helped us suggested I use to do the checkbook and balancing the account.  I took a little bit of a look but didn’t sign up yet.  I thought I would do it with Liz this afternoon when we go over it.  We were supposed to do it yesterday after my trip to Oxford but both Liz and I were too tired.

Yesterday was a long but lovely day.  For some reason I woke up around 2 and didn’t really go back to sleep until I fed the cats at 6.  It was nearly 7 when I finally did get up and I watered the lawn, did a few things here and there and visited with neighbors before taking off to Oxford. 

I left shortly before ten after placing an order to Nardelli’s up in Oxford. I stopped at the Chris’s house who were setting up for their Tag sale to shore some pictures in return they gave me some free cat stuff.  Once I got those in the car I took off. I made another pit stop for Gas and then finally got on the road.  I had to play with the GPS because one wasn’t working and the other did.   The ride was lovely.  I picked up the lunch and then headed to Joanie’s

I found Joanie sitting at her table in her wheelchair.  We sat at the table and began our visit.  We ate, talked, and laughed about everything.   We talked about our families.  Who had a job and who had their license.  It was great to hear and to find out that her grandson who is 16 got his license and is working in his home town.  We talked about the recent changes at work.  It was just around 2 when I left and headed home.  I have to admit I was exhausted and looking forward to get home.  I heard from Liz just about the time I was hitting Orange. 

Once I got home I fell asleep on the couch.  I was starting to feel sick to my stomach. I ended up with the runs for a while.  I slept for about 45 minutes and got up and watched TV and surfing on the net.  I did do some chores such as sending the dishwasher through and folding some clothes.  I went to bed by 9:30.

Today is Tiger and Sky’s second birthday.  I sung to them a short while ago and they are both hanging out.  Hopefully they are keeping cool. 

The peapod delivery will be here in a couple of hours (I hope) then it will be bingo.  I then will be doing high finances with Liz at her house.

The hose on the kitchen sink is broken it popped off this morning when I turned the water on.  I am going to have to call Liz’s friend to fix it.

Tonight is probably any marathon on TV and getting ready for work.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…