A Day Early

Mama Roberta arrived a day early safely but a frazzled because of the traffic jams she was caught in multiple times.  She arrived here between 10 and 11.  We sat and relaxed and talked for nearly an hour. While I waited for her I did a few things such as downstairs bathroom cleaning, some laundry, watched TV.
Tonight we are having dinner with friends of Mama’s in Trumbull.  These are women she has worked with for 20 years and they get together monthly for dinner (well used to before they moved to NC).  So she invited me to go along.  I am not sure where we are going but it should be fun.  I may have to get more money.
Tomorrow we are getting together with Dr. T for a short while before she leaves for FL on Thursday.  Man do we have a lot to catch up on.  I guess she is packing the house and taking stuff down there.  Actually it isn’t a guess, she actually told me that is what she is doing.
Work is going well.  I worked on a big pile of refunds/data entry.  The mail was good too.  Still have to work on the “e-training” the next chapter and the deadline is tomorrow.  There are two collections going on the one for KG and JN.  The one for JN is for retirement party on the 19th.  JN told me yesterday that her last day will be my birthday.  I feel the next couple of months are going to be filled with a number of retirements.  Actually I know it.
There is a union meeting on Wednesday.  I found out about it the other day while I was chatting with TM.  Unfortunately, it is at lunch time and I am leaving early that day for some appointments.  I hope they have made continuing progress and from the last email we got it sounds like we did.
In the last few days received an email asking for Volunteers for the DTC “booth” set up and working it for the Oyster festival.  I do have to help out but I am not really looking forward to it. 
Well its time for me to go.  Have a great day.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Cheryl's Party