Skip to main content

A slow start to the day

Today was one of those days in which I didn’t want to move fast.  I stayed in bed way past the alarms (both the cell and my four-legged system).   After I fed the cats and put some towels in the wash I sat down and watched TV until about 6:30. 
It was after 7 when I got out of the shower and got ready.  I couldn’t find my pocketbook or cell (found both a short time later and finished dressing).  I left the house by 7:30. I hit traffic in the usual place but managed to get to the office just before 8.
The morning I spent opening mail and a little on refund checks both insurance and personal.  In the afternoon I spent most of the afternoon working on the refunds as well.  Of course my weekly cleaning up.
I talked with Roberta last night for 30m.  We talked about her upcoming trip and we have a special Mexican Train game scheduled a week from tomorrow.  At first it was going to be here at the house but I got a text with location change.  Now it’s going to be at our friends in West Haven.  We will hear the latest news from Debi and Stan, Dan & Diane (that’s really their names) and Carol and her husband.  
We also discussed the luncheon/Birthday party and she was very understanding.  She will find something to do while I am at the lunch and she urged me not to change any of my plans for the week.  Which means to me I don’t have to worry about the appointments I have to keep or stuff like that. 
We will go grocery shopping next week and that’s good I have enough to keep me going for the weekend.  She has somethings she needs to pick up and bring home with her because they don’t have the things she wants down in Zebulon.
Talked with Liz and we are getting together tomorrow to work on “book-keeping and a few odds and ends.  The odds and ends will include the smoke alarms and probably the woodchuck epidemic and figuring out the measurements of the refrigerator.

Tonight I will definitely be cleaning.  IF I do get it what I need done I will hope to work on some letters.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…