Skip to main content

I can't believe how chilled I was

For the first time in a long time I had to put a sweat shirt on last night.  It was very breezy and as the sun was setting and I was trying to ward off another headache it got much cooler.  Of course I kept the fans on and that probably made it worse. 

The headache eventually went away but I still feel that I have a pillow or strong allergy to the mattress.  There is a cover still on it but the sheets are so stretched out they have pulled off from it.  I have always gotten a headache when I sleep on mattresses without the sheets.  I may have to get new pillows again.  Or more bed linens.

I have been thinking about what Cheryl said about perhaps renovating the house where I can stay here with the cats.  It was something Liz had mentioned once before to me.   If memory serves me Liz had once suggested that we make the dining room my bedroom (as we did for Mom’s final days).  We probably would put up a few extended walls where the laundry area was and the entry towards the living room.  I would like to still be able to have company and friends over if I ever had people over for dinner.  Meetings if necessary.  What we would do with the second level?  Block it off?

Ever since the conversation about the cats I have been trying to reassure both Sky and especially Tiger that no one would ever tear us apart or make me give up either of them.  I think I was trying to reassure myself that I would not let that happen.  I was getting a little weepy about it too. : Bites lip:  So what better way to make myself feel better?  Watch Nature program about orphaned animal babies.  NOT!

For the second time in a couple of weeks Miss Tiger came upstairs at bed time walked around the bed and took off.  This is indicative of the seasons changing.  Of course just as I am writing this she hopped up on to the cedar chest next to Sky. 

This morning after breakfast Sky and Tiger were getting their early morning workout.  They were running through the house and upstairs and down.  All I could think of is what would the neighbors think in the condo?

Today work should be fairly busy it is “Month end” and I have a big batch of refund checks that I need to mail out and that should take a better part of the day depending on the mail.  I probably have to work on the E-learning for the rebranding.  I didn’t take the others last week. 

Later this afternoon is the Rita’s fundraiser at dinner time.  I need to come home and bring a chair to sit on while I am there.  It will be an interesting couple of hours.  We have a board meeting next Sunday.  I might tell Dr. T that AH wants to come and rejoin on a limited basis.  I have no idea what Aggie has in mind but it would be interesting if we had a membership spurt.

Well off to work I go…J


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…