Skip to main content

Saturday Doings

I feel much better than I did yesterday when I wrote about being overwhelmed.  I managed to get a lot done including getting stuff at Staples and Pet store.  I managed to put on my big girl pants and get the things I have been avoiding doing. 

I went to bed fairly late last night but I still was able to go to sleep even with the extra cup of coffee.  Sky came up on the bed for a bit but not in his usual spot.  He has had had a fascination with my feet.  I have the scratches to prove it.

The kitties spent a good part of the evening down in the cellar but I was able to get them up and keep them up for the night when I refilled their kibble.  They managed to keep themselves occupied until bed time.  I am anxious to see if they will like the new canned cat food I got.  It’s the Fancy Feast medley (in sauces).  They always seem to leave some behind in the dish but I can never tell if they liked it or not.  They left the pate in their dishes yesterday.  Today they are sleeping or looking out the window.

Today I got my hair done and as usual Karen did an awesome job.  As you can see below. My next appointment will be the second week of October.  I am not sure if that’s when I will get the permanent again or not.

Later this afternoon I am meeting up with Dave for our birthday celebration.  His birthday is the 15th of August and of course mine is next week.  I never know what to get him anymore.  I don’t see him as much as others do and (that’s an issue for our mutual friends btw).  So we resort to Dinner and “catching up with each other:.  I have yet to tell him about the condo search and that’s probably a topic of conversation.  I am pretty sure we will have the discussion about limited pets issue in condos.

I heard from Liz this morning and she was telling me about her time with the grandkids.  She was exhausted and it continues again today into tomorrow while their parents or working or in a 5k race in Newington.


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …