Skip to main content

Mid week reflection

Earlier this week I said farewell to Roberta as she returned home after her two week visit with me and the rest of her friends.  She made an overnight stop to her sisters in Somers NY and on Monday headed back.  She made it home sometime before 7:30.  We would amazed how quickly the two weeks went by.  I know I was exhausted every night and went to bed late every night too.  Roberta may be coming back up in a couple of months.

As you may all remember I mentioned that we are beginning the process of looking to downsize to condo living.  I had heard from my niece who is a real estate agent and she is still putting together a binder for me to better understand and help me decide on the condos.  The biggest obstacle is finding a place that will accept two pets.  Even if I outright buy the condo I would have to abide by the association rules and regulations.  You wouldn’t believe the suggestions to ignore that do what I want with the cats.  We were supposed to be meeting this Sunday but that even may be a no go.  Sunday seems to be busy for all of us.

This past weekend was the Oyster festival and I had to bail on the DTC team for our tent and our bid to raise funds for the candidates.  Apparently I wasn’t the only one as I found out tonight.  However there was enough coverage and according to an email we did very well.    We have a tent every year and we usually sell fried dough.  We have a meeting tomorrow night.

Tuesday night my woman’s Club and girls club had their end of summer fundraiser over at Rita’s Italian Ice.  Most of us took turns serving Italian Ice and desserts to customers and a percentage and tips donated to our club.  WE did very well.  We were saddened to see that it got dark by 8 pm.  Clearly the summer is drawing to end.    We have a board meeting this weekend along with an ice cream social as membership drive.  Dr. T has said that she wasn’t sure if all the international students that joined last year would be returning yet because they won’t be returning to the US until a few days before school starts. 

My health is steady for now.  I did have a few headaches that were annoying me but they are gone.  As I mentioned I have been exhausted but I think it had to do with the heat, weather, and constant activity.  I have been eating pretty well.  I have had some aches and pains but minimal.  I will have to apply the metro gel as my face is starting to break out again.  I have my Benlysta infusion later today and next month a few doctors’ appointments.  I probably should start the CPAP machine again but I have been far too lazy for that.

Work has been pretty busy for me.  Both the mail and the new data entry projects with Refunds have kept me busy.  Along with all the other things I have been doing of late.  Friday I will be participating in a Union Lit drop in town.  It will be two hours long.  I thought it was a meeting or a rally.  I hope I am back in time for my co-workers farewell party. 


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …