Skip to main content

Monday Musings

I was able to go back to bed a little longer than usual today.  IT is something I can’t do often.  I am afraid I will over sleep and be late for work.  I could tell I was having a headache so I wanted to see if it would go away it didn’t and hasn’t so far.  I am hoping the Tylenol I took will kick in soon.
It is a beautiful morning so far.  A nice cool breeze and cloudy but it will be in the 80’s today and for the next few days.  I think that the rain we got over night helped it immensely.  Let’s hope the humidity stays away for now.

I was feeling guilty for bailing on the crew at the Oyster festival but I see an email that Phil sent out and it looks like there was a lot of people that showed up to help on both days.  So whatever guilt I was feeling before not so much now.

It looks like there is going to be an all class reunion coming up for the JA Foran HS.  I heard about it on the FB page.  Some people want to do it like the Milford HS all class reunions do.  My first thought GREAT.  Second how much is it going to cost?  I sent the link to DO to see if he would be interested but I am not certain he would be he hasn’t gone to any of the others in the past.

I was looking for things about Endicott and just a few things about emergency preparations in case of a shooter (like the Newtown event) and the athletic competitions coming up.  Of course the end result of the car crash last spring.  The driver is facing manslaughter charges.

There was an article regarding the history of Linden Hall for Girls.  You may have to answer some questions to access the article but it was great to hear the stories and it bringing back memories of my time there.  There is a prayer call for one of the teachers there as well from the Facebook pages.

Southern Connecticut State University has a new President.  According to WTNH his name is Joe Bertolino.  He will be the 12th President of the University as he replaces the former President, Mary Papazian will be the President of San Jose State University in Ca.  Both University sites posted a welcome to both presidents.

I heard from Mama R this afternoon she was just sitting down to Lunch in Maryland.  She figured she would be home in NC by 6:30. I checked the Maryland DOT cameras and it looked like it was moving so she should be home fairly decent time.

I got an email from Cheryl we are getting together on Sunday to review the binder.  She has stated that it will be difficult to get a condo with two cats.  Those I spoke to regarding that feel that if you are outright buying they can’t tell you how many cats you can have because they are indoor cats.  Unfortunately, I could feel myself getting annoyed because they either wouldn’t listen to what I was saying or they were the only ones who know more.  They may have because many were former condo residents.  I even asked Cheryl and she told me even if we buy it outright we are still at the mercy of the rules and regulations.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…