Thankful Thursday 8/4/16

1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 

I think my nephew Adam thinks I am a pita.  After I called Liz yesterday asking her if it would be okay to invited Mama Roberta to the lunch Birthday party for my BIL I sent emails asking him if it would be okay.  Well Liz called back and rescinded her approval and asked me to tell him it was too much of imposition and decide if I want to go.  I said it that way and he said it was lunch.  I told him it would be okay so I still may be going to the lunch.
My nephew Chris is going in for hernia Surgery sometime next week.  It will be a one-day surgery and after that it will be limited for a few days (and possibly five days out of work).  I say possibly because I can’t remember what was exactly said because it was a couple of days ago I was part of the conversation.
I haven’t had a chance to talk to the rest of my nieces or nephews but I get updates from Facebook.  I guess like everyone else does with their families.
The kitties are doing pretty well.  Sky has slept with me almost every night and at times would play with my feet.  Tiger continues to be loved on her own terms.  I suspect they have found their way up on top of the wardrobe in the guest room as I have noticed things knocked over.  Happily it hasn’t been the iron I have up there.  I did have to bribe them a few times to come up from the cellar a few times this week so I am expecting some unpleasant piles of goo soon.
This week I found out that our collections depart will be outsourced and the Lead Admin who was my boss for a while a few years ago will “no longer be needed”.  I am saddened by this.  She has been here for a good 15 years.  Everyone there I have known a good 15 years as well.
I am so looking forward to Roberta’s visit next week.  She will be here for ten days and from what she said she hasn’t made concrete plans.  In the next few days I plan on making sure the house is in good shape and not embarrassing to me or uncomfortable to her.  The first night she arrives we are having dinner with friends in Trumbull.  After that not sure what we will be doing. 
The DTC is working on campaigns but so far I haven’t been called on.  I would like to know when we are getting our Headquarters.  I guess right now we meet up with the candidates or just show up to places.  I am not sure that’s such hot idea.  There won’t be a 4th District meeting this month because it will be too close to Oyster Fest.

The woman’s club future is very short (within the year) with the new development not sure what we will be doing and when.
The weather has been absolutely beautiful.  I know we had some rain earlier in the week but it feels like forever since it rained.  It was 65 degrees in the house this morning.  I don’t know what it is now as I haven’t gone out all day but expect it to be nice this evening.  I have noticed it staying dark when I get up in the morning and I have noticed it getting darker earlier each night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on