Labor Day 2016


It is Labor Day once again.  The signal that summer is officially over and the fall season begins.  Schools are in session.  Fall sports begin.  Fall activities also start (don’t even get me started on how early the Halloween candy came out), festival season is in full swing, and the weather gets cooler.

This weekend was supposed to be Hermine but we haven’t gotten much-yet.  Many neighbors had scheduled big end of season parties and they had to change their plans and had much smaller parties.  New Haven has the annual Road race and it will go on as planned but with some modifications.  We may get something closer to Wednesday.  It will be a wait and see.

Yesterday afternoon I did the errands and volunteering.  I took about eighty cents worth of bottles back to be recycled, did the bingo, and got the clothes to the cleaners, and put the refund money from the CC Company into the bank.

When I got home I found the kitties sleeping and cuddling up on the guest room bed.  Of course as any dutiful crazy cat lady I had to share with the world.  About 12 people liked the picture…not sure if I posted it to the cat lovers group on Facebook.


The rest of the afternoon and evening I watched H&I’s specials honoring the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek and its Franchise.  These particular shows obviously were done many years ago because they were updated to include James Doohan and DeForest Kelley’s Death.   It didn’t include Leonard Nimoy’s passing (or I missed it).

I did some laundry (actually I have to go move it around soon) and then went to bed my normal time.  That’s when Sky moved himself from one bed to the other.  Don’t think Tiger was pleased.

I did have an interesting experience.  I was sitting out back in the chair that Mom spent many hours watching TV.  I was sitting there I could actually smell her.  It may have been a light perfume she wore.  It was really cool.  So I said a little prayer to her and to Dad.

Finally my Nephew Nelson is going to be running in the Star Wars Light Marathon in January 2017 to raise monies for the Kellsies Hope Foundation.  His page can be found here.  It would mean a lot to me if you could help out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on