Skip to main content


Why is it when we have a holiday during the week it seems it should be short week and something always seems to make it longer and then…we sit there saying OMG its Friday already?
Debra and I never connected last night and we are trying to arrange something for either tonight or over the weekend.  I just have to remember to keep the phone near me. 

The wedding shower for VC yesterday was lovely despite that many didn’t show up right away and the guest of honor was there before most of them (of course I was there in plenty of time).  Cash was the gift of the day and cake that was delicious.

There was a shooting near the Medical School area (off of Congress Avenue) and the area was locked down until  it was cleared up.  It is an area that I am familiar with and have driven through in the past and yesterday I made sure I avoided it.  Of course we keep avoiding areas such as this we wouldn’t go anywhere.

Today has been fairly quiet.  I guess there is a meeting my Supervisor and Assistant DIR went to this morning.  So it’s quiet even in my aisle.  I think there is only four people in my aisle right now.
It may be quiet here but there a bunch of stuff going on around the campus.  There were lectures on history, medicine and of course next Monday is the Universities 9/11 memorial over at Beniecke Plaza.  There are lots going on at the Libraries and museums that have piqued my interest.  I just don’t know if I can get back there with everything I have planned for this weekend.

Towards the end of the morning we received a death notice from the Dean of Med announcing the passing of Pediatrician M Wessel at the age of 93.  He has lived here in New Haven and was an Alumni of the Med School.

In Milford there is going to be a  9/11 service but there is also a memorial to one of Milford’s own and his name is Mike Miller.  There is a gathering at a local restaurant here in town that will honor his memory.  There have been some people who want to go but won’t because it’s expensive at this particular restaurant. 

The kitties are doing pretty well.  They seem to like the food I got them this week.  Its still the Fancy Feast Medley but not as the creamy sauce more like gravy.  They seem to like the kibble too they were pretty much eating it of the container I had put it in.

My hip is still bothering me a little (not enough to get it checked out so don’t go there).  I know it’s the weight and I also know it’s because I haven’t take the medicine regularly.  Now my neck is stiff and it’s hard to turn it around.

After work I will see Liz and catch up with her.  I may even do my  grocery shopping tonight before going home since I will be at the Shop Rite.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…