Skip to main content

Had No heat this morning

I woke up to cold again. I had been out most of yesterday running errands here and there and then to my great nephew Lucas’ birthday party so I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.  I turned the heat up to 71 and it should have been up there in at least 10 minutes.  While the cats were eating I checked the switch downstairs and it went on but didn’t seem to stay on. So the kitties and I are in the bedroom.  The kitties are sleeping and I was watching Pioneer Woman.  I really love that show.

Yesterday was pretty messy and cold.  I managed to run the errands I needed (the bank, the card store) and then my trip back to the office to pick up the cell phone.  It was really weird being in the office and it was completely dark and no one was there.  I have been there on Saturdays when there was OT but since there is no OT no one was there.

It was still pretty early to go to the party.  So I headed back to the house and found my two suits from Jessica London waiting for me.  I haven’t taken them out yet as I want to take them to Liz’s later and try them on and see if they fit and look good on me.  OF course I still have to call and ask her first.

I had something to eat before the party and still ate lot of things such pigs in the blanket chips and dips and of course stuffed breads, and finally a slice or two of pizza.

There were plenty of friends and family there as well.  The kids did a pumpkin search outside in one fo the moments it wasn’t raining.  Then we had a huge chocolate cake.  After the cake I chatted with some more of the guests and then headed home.  I wasn’t the only one because MY nephews and their families all got ready to leave as well. 

My drive home was fairly uneventful.  I saw parts of the town of Wallingford I only see in passing but I saw some beautiful homes and crossed over a train track.  Of course I got a little nervous because I thought for half a second what would happen if got hit by a train.  Needless to say I worried for nothing.  I got on 91 and headed home. 

The kitties were doing their own thing and I did my own thing.  I eventually got ready for bed and Sky was with me.  At one point Tiger was meow as though she was hurt so I went to her and stayed with her for a bit and then picked her up and carried her back to my room and she curled up with her brother for about 4 hours.  I settled back in the bed with the cpap machine and eventually fell back to sleep.

I made some calls to Liz (she had been sleeping and so we made plans to get together before I went to bingo.   So once the furnace was fixed and did a few more things I got ready to go to Liz’s. 

We went over the catalogs and chatted and then I showed her the suits.  They both need some alterations and they will be a bit tight in the stomach area but they look nice.   The hour passed so quickly and when I found out that my Cousin Donna was coming over for a visit before her and her husband return to North Carolina next week I didn’t go to bingo.

What I ended up doing is staying until 3:30 watching my sister and cousin make postcards.  Something I am considering doing for my pen pals and or friends.  It seems pretty easy.  I can also do Christmas cards too.

I did my grocery shopping and spent a lot of money again.  I was deciding whether or not I should wait on the ingredients for the cheesecake I am bringing at thanksgiving time to Jim and Claudia.  I still have about a month of weekends to do it.  It should keep in the freezer.

I had dinner when I got home and the kitties were doing their own thing again.  They ambled around a few times until it started getting dark and while I was talking with Debra.  They were both right here on the bed with me until about 10 minutes ago.  Sky is still there but Tiger is elsewhere.  I am hoping she comes back on her own tonight.

I am starting to get a little tired and have a few more things to do before I get connected to the machine again. 

My phone session with Debra lasted just over thirty minutes.  We talked about the weekend mostly, and over she was quite pleased that I seemed to be on top of everything.  My bills, the housekeeping (if she only knew), family obligations.  We won’t be meeting this coming Thursday but we will probably do another phone session before we meet the following week.

I can’t keep my eyes opened.  I better say good night (and stop rambling).  Have a great one.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …