I don't think I want...


After hearing about a cyber-attack today on some sites I frequent (Okay so one) I am not so sure I want to go to those sites tonight.  After I heard Anchorman (do the still call them Anchorpersons?) David Muir open the newscast with the Cyber-attack report I got online to read more about it.  Apparently someone hacked into the company DYN and disrupted many sites.  They are not sure who is behind it.  There are some theories but I didn’t hear them.  I had checked my Bank account on the office Computer even though I brought the laptop.   It wasn’t charging today so I had to wait until I got home to use it.  However I went to a few sites on break.  I have to wonder if it will effect work computer. 

Work was very busy.  I split my time between the refund checks and the mail.  The mail I didn’t finish yesterday and the mail that came today and all the refund checks that came to me both in personal and insurance refunds.  Most if not all have been documented but I had to stop and think of what needed to be done (don’t we all at one point or another?).  I talked it over with the Supervisor and he suggested that I go with the dates that are earlier (I think I had the14th and 19th in personal and I had the 18th but put them back.  My GA had today off so she couldn’t finish the one pile that had to be labeled and mailed. 

We had a short Staff meeting today. We had been given a list of our new team leads and was told there was no overtime available.  Well I never did have OT or I would have been there doing it.  But there isn’t always a lot of mail to do and probably the refund checks which get done anyway.  The others are going to be getting lists of their credit balances and they didn’t seem happy about it. 

I was anxious to get out of the office today that I left my cell phone in my desk.  I feel so hollow without it.  I called my sister on the house and had to leave a message and I called Jim too because I heard bad weather has hit PA.  I am wondering if we are going to get it up here tonight.

I found out last night that Yale bowl got new lights and The Bulldogs will be playing their very first Friday night game.  It will eventually air on MSNBC sports channel.  Actually all their games are going to be aired from now on.   It will make traffic around the bowl hectic according to the news reports.  It is also Employee night for the game.

I slept in the sofa recliner last night and guess who slept beside me?  Nope not sky but my little Princess Tiger Lilly and she is beside me tonight as well.  Sky was lying on the back of the sofa for a few hours last night and I am hoping he will do the same tonight.  He has been upstairs most of this evening, and when was down here he seemed to be crying a lot.  Not sure what that’s about but I also think Tiger has been doing the same thing.  I gave them fresh kibble already but need to clean their box out again and the bathroom.

I was quite surprised at how humid it was this morning. There was a light misting rain until I got to work. The sun came out for part of the day and by the time I left the office clouds rolled in and a short time later it the misting rain returned.  By the time I got home the streets were completely wet and a few puddles had developed.  Now its just foggy and overnight we are supposed to get more rain.  I am wondering just how much rain we will get tomorrow.  I do have to be at my niece and nephew’s house for their son’s 7th birthday party.  It will be late in the day so I probably won’t be having dinner tomorrow night or if I do it will be light.

I got a couple of emails from Mama R today.  The first one was a forward about a Smithsonian article on cats.  Honestly I didn’t read it all because I was at work.  The second one was later on this evening responding to my question of their return to NC.  They did late Tuesday early Wednesday.  They had to wait for their suitcase quite a long time.  Something I think would happen here these days.  The email was fairly long.  I told her about Yale having their first night game and the accident that occurred today and the holidays.

Now that the lights are out and the kitties are not playing with their water bowl for the millionth time I think I am going to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on