Skip to main content

Midweek Reflection

I was disappointed yesterday when I didn’t see any wildlife.  It was quiet.  I am not sure where that fox went to but I really do hope it comes back eventually.  It would be nice if we got deer, and turkeys again or even the rabbits.  Actually I am pretty sure the rabbits are still around.  They come at different times.  However, on the way to work I saw a dead carcass and thought it was a wolf.  It turned out to be a coyote.  It was on the highway.  I am not the only one who saw it either.   I made some calls and received a call confirming the siting.

I finally put on my big girl panties and managed to get the downstairs bathroom cleaned and the litterbox really cleaned out and it took me until about 11 Monday night.  Ten minutes later i find litter on the floor-again.  Then on Tuesday I found poop on the outside of the box.  *Facepalm* I am resigned to the fact I probably have to wash the bathroom floor more than a few times a week.  Especially if the litter gets wet when I shower. 

While I had my dinner tonight I folded clothes and put the rest of the clothes in the dryer.  I have to finish emptying the dryer and put garbage out for pick up tomorrow.  I really can’t wait for the new buckets to come… (They look like the recycle bins but in black).

I saw Neighbor Sylvia with her fur baby “Bobbi” Monday afternoon and she was carrying him and she told me he has kidney disease and is not doing well.  She is saying he is not heading to the Rainbow Bridge yet but he is one sick little boy.  It will break her heart though when the time comes.

The bills are all paid out for the beginning of this month.  Yesterday I got the bill for the PO Box and its due on Halloween.  I had gotten an email alert for the one I would have done by credit card.  I will get it done before long. 

I finally got a bill from Handyman Bill today after hearing from Lawyer Bob.  The original invoice wasn’t attached to the email so he finally got it to me and I set it up to be paid by Friday.  Liz made it seem like it was $200 or more.  I don’t know if it was her Swiss cheese brain or what but it wasn’t anything close to it.  Things like this make me question her intentions.

I have one more payment on one of the credit cards.  I had made a small payment on it this week (for Nelson2’s run in January) and forgot I used it two more times after that.  Will set that up for the next few days as well.

I had to send a message to Lawn Guy Tim.  The sidewalks look a mess.  I am not sure if they came and tried to edge the lawn or not.  Either that some animals were digging at it.

The weather here has been good.  Some clouds but no rain.  With all the focus on the newest hurricane Matthew and where it is heading I decided to call NC.  Mama Roberta to be precise.

She had been on the phone with our friend Debbie discussing plans for Debbie’s  move to Florida to be with her husband Stan.   According to the email I got from Mama R.  Debbie will head to NC where she will spend the night and then both will drive to Miami and from there Mama will rent a car and visit friends and her sister Marsha.  After that visit she will come back up to Miami and then fly back to NC.

Work was fairly busy today.  Many things happened that were great.  Between the Founders Day Celebration and good news for us.  Of course I spent most of the day working on refunds.  I even got to document some of them.

Earlier this week it was announced that School of Public Health has just hired a New Dean and he will start in January of 2017.  His name is: Sten H. Vermund.  He is from Vanderbilt University in TN.

Also Anthem is renewing its contract with us allowing our docs to remain in their network.  The news brought a huge sigh of relief to many of my admin team.  If the agreement wasn’t reached it would be very problematic for everyone.  Patients and Docs alike.

Well I need to finish a few things before going to bed and my energy level is waning fast.  Have a great night and see you tomorrow….


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…