Skip to main content

Pajama Day

It is just a little before 11 and I am still in my jammies.  I got up just before 6 and fed the cats and then fell back to sleep on the couch for an hour.  My original plan was to get out early and go to church but now I will be going at 4:30.  I am not skipping it no way no how.

Been surfing the net, and finishing last night’s entry and posting it. I got tired.  Updated my checkbook, answered some emails, and called the nursing home to tell them I wasn’t coming in today.

I started looking at some outfits on and saw a couple I wanted Liz’s opinion so I called her but alas she wasn’t feeling and out cold.  So I told (more like agreed) she could call me much later.  I have been trying really hard to honor her request on not calling daily and have been doing pretty well.   Actually now that I think of it she hasn’t called since our financial hour last week.  I guess I don’t have to feel guilty about calling her than. Right?

One of the emails I got was from Mama Roberta.  It would seem the Storm formerly Hurricane Matthew hit sometime late yesterday and caused a water main break in the area and now have no water.  Not sure how long it will be before it is repaired.

I actually need to start planning for the cooking session.  I am planning on making meatloaf and beef patties with chicken and turkey.  I found the recipe I used last year so I just need a couple of things.  I may have to do it tomorrow.

While I was writing up the minutes from the woman’s club meeting I received the newsletter from Dr. T.  There was a time change for the bracelet sale at Stop and Shop for the 16th.   That’s good. 

I had one of the simple health choice meals and its doing nothing for me.  I decided to make a grilled cheese sandwich and it was okay.  This will have to suffice until dinner time.

The rest of the time I worked on the letter to Tricia in VA, watched TV, and did some laundry.  Late in the day I had mini pizza. 


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …