Skip to main content

Saturday Doings

 Happy First Day of October.  I spent the latter part of the morning and early afternoon Canvassing in the Devon section of town.  I am not sure I got a lot done and had problems finding some of the houses and found that cross sections only had one street sign.  So I was all over the map literally.  I will have to finish the list myself either tomorrow or sometime this week.

When I got home I started laundry I was really getting anxious having to get these clothes off the table.  I also called the Oil guy back because I still couldn’t get the furnace to work.   I had called yesterday after I checked the furnace.  He came late this afternoon when I didn’t hear the furnace start.  It is working now.  When I talked with Liz this afternoon she felt bad that she may have messed it up.  I told her not to worry we learned something together (although privately and earlier I was a little pissed because he told me there was no need to switch the furnace off).

I haven’t finished the letter to Trish that I started last night and at this rate probably won’t until tomorrow night after my chat with Debra if I am not so tired.  Instead I watch the rest of the NCIS marathon that I thought I would I missed most of today.   Actually they are episodes I am not really wanting to see.

I heard from Liz this morning.  She was on her way home from a meeting but she wanted to know how the checkbook reconciliation was going and offered to come and help me with it.  Then she told me her neighbor that got married about a week and half ago died yesterday.  Apparently he was coming home from the doctors and had an embolism while waiting for a car.  His cancer returned and was getting it taken care of.  He leaves behind two young boys and his new wife.  I would surmise that the boys will now go to their mother.   

Yesterday was quite busy between a staff meeting with the Director and breakfast and lots of refunds mailing out.  AT least I had help.  J  Did I mention the breakfast made all of us quite nervous but it turned out okay.  I think.  I still have to review my notes on that one. 

Last night was fairly quiet.  I came home after heading to the post office (no bill there yet) and made myself some mini pizzas and watched TV.  I went to bed around 10. 


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …