Skip to main content

Saturday Doings

I really hate computers sometimes.  Late this afternoon my laptop decided that windows needed an update.  Do you know that at 10 to midnight it is still going on?  I have had to use my PC in the old room and it had to go through several Norton updates of its own..  Its already slow and I still have lots of stuff to move around and update from when I was doing on the laptop.

Besides the computer issues today has been fairly quiet.  I did a little bit of laundry, made pizza for lunch and a couple of frozen dinners from lean cuisine for dinner.  I also have been grazing on stuff as well.  I watched TV did some surfing on the laptop until the big update occurred.

I called Mama J this morning and talked with her for quite some time.  I had received some news about her family from DeniseK at work.  I wanted to call her then but Denise felt it would be better to wait because she was upset still.  The news and further story was that J’s daughter and family had a house fire in the last ten days and it gutted the kitchen, the living room.  Now her family is spread all over and unfortunately Christina (J’s daughter) hasn’t been well either.  They will be displaced from their home for six months.  They are struggling with this and other challenges as well.  J has been so upset and feeling guilty that she can’t do anything to help.  As we finished the phone call we promised to call each other again soon and she even told me I could call her as late as 9 pm.

After finding out I missed a call from Mama R last night I called her mid morning.  She called me back late this afternoon.  They are fine.  They have settled back in from their trip to see their Daughter.  We got to talking politics when she told me her state had early voting.  There was a name that she didn’t vote on (for judges) and so she didn’t.  She told me she was going to a neighborhood open house for Halloween tonight.  She said the neighborhood has grown to 46 houses now.  Now if she would just go join one of the many woman’s clubs in the area I would be very happy.

Did you know today was National Cat Day?  I  had forgotten about it until I saw a post from my Friend John and his wife MaryAnn cooing over their cats.  If I had known it was National Cat Day I would have spoiled my two babes even more.  As it is they are both sleeping on the bed where I am heading now.


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…