Thankful Thursday


1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.

 2.            I am thankful for my kitties

3.            I am thankful for my job

4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health

5.            I am thankful for my neighbors

6.            I am thankful for my home

7.            I am thankful for my friends

8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.

9             I am thankful for the weather.

10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 



Well I think the Indian summer is over.  It was much chillier this morning than it has been all week and it got cloudy mid-day.  It is was in the high 60’s in Milford and New Haven during the day.  I am just waiting for some showers to come through as predicted and we are supposed to get the same thing tomorrow.  Not so sure about the weekend.

There was a mix up with the infusion this week so I had an afternoon off but a full and active day today.  I had my appointment and infusion all in one.  Then I had to get blood work done and that took longer than I had planned. They had to get approval and info from Anita the APRN.  I toyed with the idea of going back to work but as the time got later I decided to go home.  My next infusion is on the 17th in Hamden or Milford. I see Anita again in April but I see the Doc in January.

I have a Democratic meeting tonight at Headquarters.  It’s our 4th District and I suspect we will be helping a few campaigns afterwards.  I hope it isn’t a late night.  I have so much work to do tomorrow.  I probably will be bringing home some lawn signs.  Better late than never.

We got the gift list all resolved for the Woman’s club delivery (at least I am hoping that’s the case) I am sure we will have further discussion at next month’s meeting.  Our annual Cancer awareness bracelet sale at both stores did very well.  The proceeds will go to the local Relay for Live chapter and will be our guest next month. 

The Ladies Guild is great.  We did very well at the bake sale and now preparing for the Auction.  Guess who volunteered to take care of the tickets?  Just waiting for the phone calls to start rolling in (they have to call for tickets and have to send money).  I have to attend the Board meeting in November. 

When the mix up happened yesterday I got really nervous and I explained to Supervisor what happened and he understood and allowed me to do today’s adventure.   I also asked him if the something occurred it can be adjusted if I came back.

The Union action that took place went well.  Still not sure what the purpose was for it but it was successful.  I am not sure when the next update meeting will be.  I am pretty sure there will be stuff soon.

All my family is doing well.  I will be spending time with Liz and family this weekend for a birthday party.  I probably won’t see them too much until the holidays.

On a daily basis Jim sends me IM’s from things he shares with me from FB.  We also try to text each other (or three-way between myself, him and Liz) every morning or as of lately anytime we can.  As I mentioned earlier I will be going to his house for the Thanksgiving holiday and having dinner with the kids and his ex.  It will be great to see them as I don’t keep I touch with them much.

My Sister I Law E (Bob’s widow) is probably in the Philippines by now. Her kids are all living their lives here in the states.  I don’t know when she will be back to visit (probably next fall)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited