Skip to main content

Huge Success

It is the morning after the Auction and I would have to say it was a huge success.  There were about 90 people in attendance.  The food was great and the auction was fun.  I managed to bid on a few items (such as movie basket, and some other things) I made myself a limit on the bids no higher than $50.  

Liz called me on my way to pick her up (I was going to be early anyway) and said she was running late and she would meet me there.  I really was not surprised but I was a little annoyed.  She doesn’t realize how much she is like Mom in that aspect but there was no reason to make her feel worse about it.  I stopped at Walgreen’s and got money and then headed to the school.

 I was early so I waited for a bit and then voila! Lights on and i went in and took my place.  I found a table for LIz and myself and as time went on noticed it was still empty so by the time Liz came I moved us to another shared table.  Glad we did.  One of the couples there lost their 13 year old son to cancer a few years ago.  They are on some level still grieving but trying to cope. I learned a lot about them after the event.  

This morning early on I started the no bake cream cheese.  I got up around 5:30 and took out the cream cheese to let it come to room temp.  I went back to bed until 6 and then began the whole process just the way I did at Liz’s last two months ago.  Unfortunately it seems a little thick and there was a great deal left over.  I have it already freezing and didn’t put any extra chocolate chips on it and am currently eating the leftover filling.  The kitchen still needs to be cleaned. I did make sure to put things (ingredients) away as I was working but I still have to clean the beaters and the utensils.  

Around 9:30  I called a couple of girls club members to see if they want rides to Dr. T’s house for the PITS and Dog treat activity.   They both ended up bailing.  They have too much to study for.  I found out last night while talking to Telka on the phone before the auction that they needed rides as their host Mom just had surgery and can’t really do anything.

Sky slept with me for most of last night and Tiger I am not so sure where she slept.  I know that I gave her too many treats yesterday because she rolfed them up on the sofa recliner this morning.  

Well the kitchen is not getting cleaned by itself so I will take off for now.  I will see you all later....


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…