Skip to main content

Monday musings

The start of the work week is going a little slow.  First thing this morning was insurance refunds that needed to be mailed.  Got all but one out for the 9 am pick up.  The next one will be tomorrow.  There are no current batches of Insurance ready to be mailed that I know of.  I will have to check with MC and or JK.

The mail volume was light.  I have most of it done right now and waiting for more from Guardian Angel.  That should be in the next couple of hours.  the Healthlogic stuff came around quarter of 2.   They make me worried when he does this.   I have already made labels for the re-address mail and that will be done at 3 as last minute stuff.

One of our co-workers DK returned from a medical leave.  She donated a kidney to her husband!!!.  I don’t remember how long she was out but her BIL came and took care of them both.  She has lifting restrictions and I guess back full time until she can’t do it.

We got another email alert informing us that another student or associate of Calhoun College died unexpectedly.  Her name was Ra Na Lee.  She wasn’t enrolled in Calhoun (and I found this confusing) but she was a future student???Her father in law was CEO of CJ Group a holding company.

After work I went grocery shopping and it took me an hour but I had ran into a co-worker and we stood there talking for quite awhile.  I got home by 6 and put them away and made dinner and then cleaned up the litter box and a few things there.

I finally got a phone call about the auction.  However it was a person who wanted to donate and so I told her she could bring it to my co-pilot JM.  Neither of us had her phone number near by.  I should have had the binder with me.

Sen. G Slossberg called me to ask me to stand at the polls tomorrow night so from 4-7 that’s what I will be doing.  Then to headquarters for the “after election” party.

For now though going to bed...


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…