Monday Musings

It was a beautiful morning.  Sun was shining and chilly.  I had a pretty good sleep last night on the CPAP.  I still woke up around three for my bathroom run.  By then the kitties were gone and didn’t come back until they figured it was time for me to get up.

I did get our routine going and that included me laying on the couch for a good half hour.  That’s when I got up and started getting ready for work.  I did make some time to finish my entries from last night and get them posted.  I did manage get to dressed  and out the door earlier than usual and was able to go the same route I took Friday morning with much better results.  I got here ten minutes early.

A number of people discussed the supermoon around here and it was great to hear the different stories.  We get to do it again tonight.  I may try and get it at the big one instead of the one I got last night.

I have a confession to make.  I have been trying really hard not to think about the next two weeks.  As we all know I have a bad habit of procrastinating until the last moment.  I have so much to do between work, ladies guild, family, and health obligations, the woman’s club activities this weekend.  I am not sure when I am going to get the non baking activity done this weekend.   

I am hope I can get it all done.  I am just going to have to put my big girl panties on and go ahead.  Right now though I am cooking the chicken wings.  I made some extra  sauce but as usual I put too much of one ingredient over another.  I ate all the wings.  I cooked them first for 20 minutes and then put the sauce on for ten more minutes.  They turned out pretty good..

Just around 7 I cleaned up the kitchen, already had some laundry in the washing machine and came upstairs.  I watched a few shows.  The TV has been acting wonky over the last few days it seems.  Almost every other channel is pixelating and crapping out.  I don’t know if it is the cable system or the TV going out again.  The kitties stayed with me for awhile and then got to running around and are just now coming back. Tp the bed.

I was saddened to learn that Journalist and PBS Newshour Anchor Gwen Ifill died earlier today from her fight with cancer.  The first I heard about it was on ABC News. David Muir announced it in the newscast and he looked sad.  I am not sure if the other major networks announced it (I am sure they did)  PBS Newshour spent a good 45 minutes on the life and career of Ms Ifill.  The FB page for the program is filled with  condolences and memorials.  This makes the 4th celebrity death in a row this week.

The other three included Leonard cohen (who sung the original “Hallelujah”), Actor Robert VAughn, and Leon Russell.  I just checked an article and there were more this year and people I didn’t recognize or didn’t hear about it.

Well the kitties have returned to the foot of the bed and it is getting late so I better say good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on