Thankful Thursday

1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times.  

Everyone seems to be doing good.  My nephew Rogier just ran the last marathon of the year in NYC and did very well.   I couldn’t do that kind of stuff.  Even if I trained for it.  I am really looking forward to going to Allentown to spend Thanksgiving with Jim and his kids.  Let’s just hope the weather is good.

My cleaning lady usually does an awesome job but there were some disappointments such as the downstairs bathroom.  I don’t really think she cleaned the floor that well as there was still a spot in the same place as a few days ago.  Oh well I guess I know what I will be doing Saturday.

Things at work are status quo.  Negotiations are continuing and the three major issues at this time are pension,  pay steps, and healthcare.  Yes I am aware the rest of the universe/business world doesn’t have these but we want to keep it for the future workers as well.  We have a membership meeting next week.  

I am really thankful this election season is over now it's time to move on (and pray).  The next election cycle will begin after the holidays I believe.  I also believe it will be the Governor’s race this time and other races that weren’t in the last one.   My hope is it isn’t as contentious as this last one.  Unfortunately I know that it won’t be true as there are many both in the legislature and constituents around the state are not too happy with our Governor.

I meet up with Courtney the Health Coach sometime next week still working on the logistics for that one.  I have my infusion next week if all goes accordingly.  I don’t think I have any other appointments this month (until I reschedule my dentist from yesterday).  I wasn’t feeling all that well yesterday.  My Ankle was bothering in the afternoon so I decided to cancel my session with Debra.

I heard from Dr.T yesterday and she told me there were 30 people at the meeting yesterday.   I don’t normally pass up a meeting unless I really have a conflicting appointment.   Someone from the American Cancer Society was there to accept the proceeds of our Cancer bracelet sales.   Our next big activities are the dog treats and the pies.  I just have to remember cancel bingo again for that week.  
The kitties are pretty good. Sky came to meet me at the door when I arrived tonight (been doing that alot lately) and I found Tiger just relaxing up here since I got home.  Now she is probably downstairs for a while.  She will be back later I am sure.  They have been sleeping with me most nights this week.  They seem to be eating their food every morning and getting their exercise before getting their snoozing on. Earlier this week I got a reminder from HOmeAgain that I need to  renew Tigerlily's Membership to their locating service.  It expires in January.  I have time yet to still do it.  SKy’s was done about a month ago.  I nearly squished SKy while trying to put things away last night on the table.  Ooops.

Tonight will be fairly quiet.  Watching the shows oh H&I until 10 (including the series finale of Hercules:The legendary Journeys).            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited