Skip to main content

The afternoon got quiet

I can’t believe it is after 3:30 in the afternoon.  The morning went by very quickly.  I got to Nancy and Patrick’s house just before 9:30.  I spent nearly an hour and half there.  Preston reacted the way he usually does when he first sees me.  A topic that we discussed at great lengths.  As Olivia the daughter says its protective aggressive behavior.  At one point Patrick had me treat Preston with bits of bagels.  He happily accepted but other than that this is going to be the way it happens.   

It was nearly 11 when I left and I was heading towards the center of town.  I pulled over to the Presbyterian Church parking lot and made some calls.  Some were successful some not so much.  The successful one was to Liz.  We chatted and then made arrangements to get together for coffee and..

When I arrived she was still sitting in her car but Nelson was out doing his KOFC activities.  WE spent about an hour together talking about memories, computer problems she was having, and various other things.  We said our goodbyes and promised to see each other tomorrow at the 7am mass for coffee. 

From there I headed back to Walgreen’s to pick up the prescriptions and made lunch order to Pop’s Diner.  When I got home the kitties were relaxing. 

Since I have been home I did some laundry and hung some clothes while the kittens went back to sleep.  Tiger just came out from her recliner spot.  Sky is on the swivel chair in the office.  I made an effort to clean off the tea table of all the old papers and magazines.  Some of the magazines I kept…I should call them catalogs.

I was thinking of going to get more kitty litter and go grocery shopping but now I am tired and don’t want to go anywhere.  I am telling myself it’s to get ready for the long day I am going to be having tomorrow.

I have already mentioned the social hours after all the masses well I have to be there to sell the tickets after all the masses from 7 am to 12.  I don’t think I can attend the mass prior but I could always ask.   Then I have the Veteran’s day services at the nursing home in Ansonia/Derby. That will take about an hour and should be very nice.

I talked with Dr. T while I was at Liz’s house.  I was trying to contact her to see if she was able to open the doc up that I sent her and she wasn’t.  She asked for a quick summary and if I could bring it with me for the meeting and I agreed.  So I have that ready for tomorrow.

I have the suit all picked out I will have to iron it later.  I have a blouse picked out that has gold design on it but I am not sure it will go well with it.

Well the battery is running low so I am going to shut down for a while and maybe take a nap and finish watching the NCIS marathon and tackle some letters I have been needing to get too.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …