Skip to main content

I knew it

I knew I was going to get sick for recess.  I have  been coughing and sneezing a lot lately and now I feel blah (aka crappy and anything else that matches).  I promised Liz via text I was going to call the dr. at some point and schedule an appointment.  I took some Claritin this morning and had honey and lemon with Earl Grey Tea last night and took some more Robitussin now.  I am not doing much of anything else.

I also knew when I heard something being pushed that I would find both SKy and tiger in the attic-again.  That’s where they were when I left Monday  morning and where they were when i got home from the Dr. later that night.  I tried to bribe them but they just stayed in their spot by the deteriorating insulation.  They came down when I came from Dinner at Liz’s house tonight and both are sitting on the bed with me. Sky resigned himself to the foot of the bed after he discovered there was more than a bench in front of the door.  Tiger is sitting at my side and looks to get a scratch now and then.  I am going to see if my Nephew Mike will put some sliding lock on it.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I managed to go through some old papers and get rid of them and I did some chores that have been bothering me.  The rest can be done tomorrow when Livia comes to clean the house.  She contacted me yesterday and said she wanted tomorrow off.  What was I going to say? So she will be here sometime tomorrow morning.

I got to see Neighbor Sylvia for the first time since her pup pup died.  She is having a hard time for the holidays but  she also wrenched her back out recently.  She is also continuing to make pack for the day she sells the house.  

Bingo went well for the most part.  We had 18 residents and two started fighting when one of them plopped themselves in a spot for someone else.  A war of words erupted and I had to speak to at least one of them one they called the other an asshole.  I told Bob about it when we finished. There were two girls that came from the high school both Seniors and they did pretty well.  They helped with the patient transport with Bob and then I chatted with them before the left.  I let them know I wasn’t going to be doing bingo on Christmas Day or New Years Day.

AFter bingo I headed to the mall to do some christmas shopping.  I didn’t have much time as i was having dinner with Liz and her family to Celebrate Rs birthday.  I headed to TArget and spent about 45 minutes shopping for very little but spending nearly $260 dollars on Gift cards and some children's stuff.  Made note to myself to try Toys are us sometime this week.

I don’t remember what time exactly I got home but on the way home I had a phone conversation with my friend Nancy about taking care of Preston and Vlad and I told her I could be at the house by Noon the day her husband is leaving and she liked that one as well.  

It is sad I don’t remember what I did before getting ready for bed.  I know that the second movie in the Narnia Trio was playing and I watched part of it as the kitties cuddled on the bed.

On Monday WE presented our supervisor with his Christmas gift .  He thanked everyone and told us that we did very good work this year clearing a huge Credit Balance project.  He left early for the day and I also left a few minutes after.

The Cardiologist isn’t going to sign my fmla papers so I have to send them to the Lupus doctor.    I will have to drop them off on Friday some time.  IF that’s the case I can do more shopping if needed.  Anyway Cardiologist wants me to get some form of exercise.  Swimming, cardio elliptical.  He doesn’t want to have to put me on high blood pressure meds and that will be the case if I don’t lose the weight. I will see him in June.

Monday night my cousin Bill came into town and stopped at Liz’s for the halfway point and so we had dinner together.  Bill’s brother came over for a visit as well so we had a couple of hours of family joking, talking and education.  You may be wondering why Bill didn’t go to his Brother’s and I don’t have an answer for that one either.

I still have much to do for Christmas and that’s what I will be doing tonight I think.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …