It's snowing

It came sometime after sundown. My sister called me to see what I wanted earlier today but she was sleeping. She was noticing she was doing a lot of sleeping and I told her there is nothing wrong with that.

I tried to take a picture of the snow from the back room but it came out dark (no flakes showing in the outside light). I checked a time or two and it seemed to subside then I checked in my familiar place. It is the street lamp on New Haven avenue at the end of our street. You can always tell if its raining or snowing in the light.

Today was a normal Sunday. I relaxed and waited for the laptop to finish its update (it hasn't of this writing). I watched TV for sometime and then around 11 I decided I would do the shopping as I kept hearing the news about the "snow event". The sky was turning a light sunny gray and getting cold to boot.

My first stop to get gas but the second was to Wal*Mart. Yes Wal*Mart. I got most of my groceries and cleaning supplies there. I have kept joking to everyone who knows me that if you hear thunder that's Mom expressing her displeasure at my decision to go there. Anyone who knows me and her knows she wasn't a fan of Wal*Mart and their labor practices. I did have to go to Stop and shop for fruit, meat, and salads. but I think I would have spent the exact amount I did at Wal*Mart at Shop Rite or Stop and shop well maybe not today...it would have been more.

After shopping I came home emptied out the car and made lunch and watched TV until it was time for me to go to Nursing home for bingo.

Bingo went well we had just about 18 residents and most if not all one. Actually the same few people won today. They did have to be reminded that they needed to not keep talking. I was glad Bob was there. We did get to catch up with each other. Our holiday plans, work, etc.

It was nearly 3:30 or so when I got home. I was really tired and I still had to do the cheese cake. I decided to put PBS on (most are still doing their end of year fundraising and CPTV has been airing the Downton Abbey marathon that is just finishing up with the last ep). I took a brief nap.

At some point I started getting up and getting things ready for the cheesecake. It looks good and a little mushed. It looked very well mixed this time. i think I should have just wrapped the top up with Aluminum foil. The lid that went with it still didn't close it over it fully. All that needs to be done is to clean up the kitchen. I still have to finish emptying the dishwasher and putting the dishes in the dishwasher.

The kitties have been sleeping mostly. A few times Sky made it known he wanted to go into the cellar on more than one occasion. I did let him down when I had to put the equipment I was using away. I think Tiger spent most of the afternoon until about an hour ago in my old bedroom. I had gone in there to do some things with the computer. I think they are waiting for me to fill up their kibble.

Oh they will have a new water bowl very soon. Yesterday i received a brand new Water fountain for the kitties from their Uncle Jim. It is completely metallic and I am interested in seeing what their reaction is.

I still have to wrap the Yankee swap gift for tomorrow's meeting. It is a UCONN throw that I am hoping T will like. I also got three little tree ornaments for three of my great neices and nephews. each has the name of the ones I got. I still have more to do.

I almost forgot that I had laundry to do for work. I may need to get more coffee so I can do the wrapping and cleaning the kitchen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on