Skip to main content

Pajama Day

It is really a colder day .  I was out chatting with Neighbor Kim in bare feet about stuff.  I came back in and warmed up a second later.  I have been awake awhile now.

I stayed in bed until 6 despite Sky’s and Tiger’s best efforts.  I fed them, and went back for an hour and then watched TV and then watched TV and then on the computers.

WHy both you ask?  BEcause the laptop was really annoying me with “not responding”.  Clearly something was going on and it was very aggravating.   Then I decided to get on the big computer and it needed updates and then I kept getting sign ins and it really started to piss me off.  The cats were in the bed (under the bed in the springs).  The laptop started wroking fine after a while and of course the PC was its normal slow stuff.  I spent a couple fo hours getting rid of emails or saving the ones I wanted.

I was checking my credit cards and noticed one I hadn’t been using in quite some time had a charge on it.  It was from Angie’s list (its renewal fee of $39) so I went to the site and cancelled my subscription (they did it and now I can use it for free).  I paid that and now should be okay.

I have been clearing out the inbox of a lot of stuff.  Old emails dated up until august 20th.  Some are for the blogs and Journals I have.  Stuff related to politics and entertainment.  Stuff htat really needs to be done.

Late in the day I had a visit from my friend Dave.  It was an unexpected visit and I was still in my pajamas.  No bathrobe so I had to throw a blanket around my waist and a sweater on top  He was probably thinking “this is just Kate”..  We talked for a good hour I htink.  We talked about families (he can never keep any of them straight).   Except maybe my cousins.  We talked about a lot of things.  He gave me suggestions (that I didn’t ask for) about the house and what I should do with the blinds and such;

After he left I watched TV and did more clearing out of emails, and updating files.  I updated blogs and lists and cleaned up the kitchen of the dishes I had left there all day.  I hung up clothes from the dryer.  .

I gave myself a deadline with the emails for the night for 9 and turn to Downton Abbey and some crossword puzzles before I turn in for the night.  Unfortunately the PC had other ideas.  So will close out for tonight.

Tomorrow is a quiet morning but the afternoon will be busy first I have the wake and then meeting up at Liz’s for the evening at the theater.  This should be quite fun.


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …