Skip to main content

Running Behind Schedule?

I had these big plans to be up at dawn get Vlad and Preston all taken care until this afternoon and then head back home to get things done there.   Well I stayed in bed until 6 (I didn’t sleep well) then got the boys taken care of. I almost had anxious moments when Vlad walked out into the outer hallway of the apartment I had to grab him and put him back inside.  He wasn’t pleased but I made sure i made it up to him when I got back from walking Preston.  I did manage to feed the menagerie.

The sun was pretty much risen when I got to the house.  I stopped at DD for some coffee and came here. The kitties were waiting for me on the stairs and came to me when I walked in.

I started working on the cheesecake (setting up the cream cheese ) and then I fed them.  They were very vocal at that point.  I got them fed and then started looking at the ingredients and realized I forgot the lemon.  I ran to the grocery store and got the lemon.

When I got home dove into making the cheesecake.  I think it came out well  and I put saran wrap instead of the actual lid so it wouldn’t get mushed.  It did a little anyway but not as bad.  I will just have to get the cones tomorrow and put them on at Dave’s house.

Now all I have to do is finish the gifts for the kids.  Liz tells me all six of them will be there as well as 12 adults.  She was parting her wisdom of how to act with them (no gushing over the cats).  She is acting like I am a social deviant.  I am not sure I want to slap her or tell her off.  Either way I risk damaging the relationship and I don’t want that.  She suggested I also get a card or two for Mike Jr and Nelson 3.  Its their birthdays. I may not stay long as this cough is freaking annoying me.

I also have some laundry to do as well or at least finish what I started yesterday.  I also am going to do the sheets so that Livia doesn’t have to make the bed this week.  Since I won’t be sleeping in the bed.

Tonight will be with the kitty and the dog and anything good on TV (the LOTR movies will be on).  May get something from a restaurant before heading back to the house.

Well to the laundry....


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …