Skip to main content

Sun Came Out

The sun came out for a short time yesterday afternoon on my way home from the gift delivery.  It went back in about ten minutes later.  When I got  home I had been checking some stuff.  

The gift delivery was fine for the most part until we were told socks, toothpaste and combs were not on the okay list. I was so annoyed because it seemed like Telka either ignored the list  because these things ended up in as gifts but we did a bit of retconning.  I have a feeling I was going to get a call on Monday from Natalie.  I am really glad i kept the letter she sent us.  The two of the things she said were on the list were not.  

The rest of the afternoon i was watching TV and did a little laundry.  I have more and will be doing it later.  I had a cheeseburger for lunch and a simplyHealth Smart for dinner.

The kitties both finally came downstairs at two different times and have stayed down and so I have put the chest back firmly.  I had gotten some advice from the cat lovers group that I belong too.   I just let them come down on their own.  Tiger spent the night downstairs and Sky at the foot of my bed.  Sky has been meowing crazily to get back upstairs and now he is quiet.  I think.  I spent some time with him in the spare room and he almost knock over the lamp with the shells in it.  My heart was in my throat.

I had a lovely chat with Mama Joanie yesterday.  She doesn’t get out much except for Dr. appointments.  She does get visits from her grandson and friends of her daughters that come and take care of things for her.  We talked about work, and the contract and recess.  

I did order the Baklava for Mama Roberta and Papa Mike  last night I got it from Harry and Dave’s and I think it was a good price it was almost $30 for the actual product plus shipping and taxes.  It came to about $40.00.

The snow is almost melted away on the sidewalks.  I just hope it doesn’t freeze. I am pretty sure one of my wonderful neighbors cleared the sidewalks for me.  It was done when I got home yesterday.  It looks like we will be getting rain for most of next week.  That’s okay we need it.

Well I need to get some cards written out and emails sent and then head out for a bit.  


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …