Thankful Thursday

1.         I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times.  

I really had a great time with Liz last Sunday while we went out to dinner and the theater with her friends and of course daughter and daughter in law.  It made for a long night but I enjoyed it.  

I had an opportunity to hear from cousins i hadn’t really talked with in awhile.  I had sent out the e-cards for the Christmas.  I wasn’t sure they would appreciate the type of cards.  My hope is to one day visit them all.

The kitties have been very cuddly at night and they have snuggled most nights.  As I am writing this they have been running up and down as though they are chasing something.  I am afraid to look sometimes.  I do need to pick up more canned food and litter this week as they are both running out.  

The house is in great shape again.  I am going to try really hard to keep it up.  I know I say that but it feels like i am accomplishing something if I keep it neater or cleaner.  Even with the kitties.

I have to say I am glad there hasn’t been any really bad snow storms but I am looking forward to them this year.  Most of what we had in my purview has been disappointments.  

Work seems to be getting back to some normality after the holiday volume wise.  As i mentioned yesterday got a large batch of refund checks that need to get out.  I hope to get them done before the weekend gets here friday.  
Negotiations continue things are moving but not exactly where we would like them (at least in the med school) the sticking points is still the healthcare, and one other item.

On more than one occasion I have heard the move referenced.  I have a feeling Admin wants a lot of things cleaned up AR wise by the time we have to move in one year.  That may not make any sense to some but I get that feeling.

Things are quiet on the DTC front for now.  There is a holiday party at Stonebridge next Tuesday the same night I have the Ladies Guild so I won’t be going to that one.  I am pretty sure the next big events will be preparing for the State elections (Governor) and I am hoping we pick a good candidate.  Then as the new year progresses we will prepare for our Awards Banquet and the Scholarship.

I just received the Woman’s Club newsletter from Dr. T yesterday.  It has all the activities that we will be doing up to and including the beginning of  June 2017.  We have our Sing-A-Long this weekend and then our holiday party on Monday.  I will be bringing the cheesecake.  Next week will be the gift Delivery.

This coming Tuesday is the final Ladies guild meeting for 2016,  It is a holiday party and it will be Pot luck.  I don’t know if we are doing gifts or not as it wasn’t told to me.  We will not be having meeting in January or February as they take it off for cold weather.  Our first meeting of 2017 will be in March.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited