Skip to main content

Yesterday Afternoon Whizzed by

I couldn’t help notice how yesterday afternoon seem to go by so fast.  After lunch I made the bed (the cats were no help even though they tried).  I worked on my letter to Linda and then watched TV.

Around 4 I headed to Adams for their hot bar.  I managed to get chinese food there.  I had some and the rest will be for lunch if I ignore the rumbling in my stomach.  After everything was cleaned up I relaxed.

Around 6 or 7 I called it an early night.  I tried to write some more but found myself quite tired and eventually fell asleep with Sky near by.  Tiger slept elsewhere.  I did wake up a few times during the night. Found it easy to go back to sleep.  Of course they both woke me up around 5.  I did get to stay in bed until 5:30 this morning.

When I did get up got everything for the cats done.  Laid on the couch until after 6 and got up and got ready for work.  I was pretty much dressed by 7 and out the door by quarter after and headed to the gas station to fill up.  The traffic seemed to move along especially the day after a holiday.  Despite the fact that parking garage elevator is out for the second week in a row I managed to get into the office before 8.

For most of the morning I worked on the refunds and then worked on the last of Friday’s mail.   Then before heading to the union committee meeting I started working on today's mail.  I was feeling pretty organized.  Of course I had come back to two medium sized piles of insurance refunds.  I do know because of the holiday my usual box of eobs called Healthlogic will be arriving tomorrow.  My short day.  

The committee meeting was basically following up on the arrangements for tomorrow’s contract ratification.  WE even discussed the future.  I had asked now that we have won the contract what will we do?  We will continue to meet and make sure they honor the contract.  WE have several projects for our area that have to do with cross training.  

I talked with Liz today.  My reason for calling her was to find out which of the sisters was in hospice.  I had read some messages from the Rivera clan indicating that an aunt was gravely ill.  It was one of the sisters I really don’t see often.  Anyway she entered hospice over the weekend and so Liz and N are going down this thursday and will be back by the weekend.  Liz is coordinating everything so that Nelson isn’t overwhelmed out of his comfort zone.  So I won’t bother her too much in the next couple of days.

I was on my own today leaving the office.  My two walking companions Ann and Mary either didn’t come in or left early from work.  That allowed me to leave on time and get home in time for the grocery delivery.

I was so excited to find not only my new coffee order and but a letter from Missy in Ca.  She was telling me about her and her husband and what she is currently upto... She even told me what her hopes and dreams are.  

I also got a bill from the Tolls by Mail.  It was for my trip at Thanksgiving.  I have already paid for it.  I have a feeling when I travel to Allentown I can expect this come often.

The groceries came shortly after 5 all but the salads came.  I put everything away including the fresh ingredients for the cheesecake I have to make tomorrow night for the meeting.  I decided to have a cheese sandwich for dinner.  I wasn’t very hungry.

After that i took care of the cat’s needs.  I went upstairs and get settled in.  Watching the NCIS Marathon until I find something else until Midnight.  I have a feeling I since I tried one of the new coffee’s I will be up ALL Night.  Sky is at my feet again and Tiger is in the spring mattress.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …