An Absolutely Gorgeous Afternoon


It was and still is as the sun is going down an absolutely beautiful afternoon.  I hardly needed my overcoat.  When I got home from fairly busy afternoon I threw up some windows.  From the front door to the back door and the kitchen windows.  The kitties were quite pleased.  They ran to the back door when they heard the door open.

The lunch “date” with Lawyer Bob was very nice.  We met at The Plate. A luncheonette restaurant that is in Milford.  It opened in its current location two years ago after the long standing Pops Diner moved to Old Gate Lane a couple of miles away.  The food is delicious.  I had lobster bisque and BBQ Shrimp BLT in a wrap.  IT was basically catching up with my life.  He also didn’t exactly hint but wanted me to start thinking about the future.  I did tell him about the attempted condo search we had started.  He reminded me that he needs to be the one sign the listing agreement since he has the keys if I ever go the route of getting a smaller place.  He also reminded me that any contracts need to be signed by him.  He did say he and his wife are making long term plans to move to Colorado.  Not sure when.  It all depends how much his wife misses their grandchild.  He will be calling Liz this week.

I had some time before going to the nursing home so I came home put a load of laundry in the machines and got online.  Getting online was a mistake as I became late.  I still had the girls waiting for me when I got there. I actually wasn’t late.

Bingo went well Erin wasn’t there but Sarah and my girls from the girls club was there.  They did a great job helping out.  A very sobering moment came when Bingo had just finished and we were transporting the residents back to the rooms.  We came face to face with a patient who had just passed away it was being transported to the morgue.   We literally had to go to a room with closed doors.  Over the years it has happened but it felt very weird seeing them being taken off the elevator.

Since I have been home I did some more laundry and have been watching my PBS shows.  I was very shocked to find out that the show Religion and Ethics News program that has been on PBS for over 20 years is ending next week.  I tried to research the reason and only found what the website Get Religion reported.  Apparently it has been in the works for the last year.  Reasons not given but I would hazard a guess that contributions in its name to PBS are strong possibility.  I have watched it over the years from time to time.  But for as long as I can remember Mom and I watched at dinner time and most Sunday or Saturday nights.

Well speaking of TV Dr. Blake is on and I want to see it.  Have a great night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on