Not too bad a ride


Despite the rain/sleet and snow and apparently wind I didn’t hear too much of last night my drive wasn’t too bad.  I went the secondary roads like last time but took a couple of other roads that were a little clearer. Going into New Haven there were many cars that were encased by the snow.  You all have driveways and parking lots SOME where in the city you could have gotten it out.  Geesh.  Even though the roads were okay I was still late.  I just didn’t get up early enough to get dressed and clear off the car.  I did it just before 7:30 and then left by that time.

The day at work was pretty good.  People compared snow stories of the past weekend.  I was among them.  I spent most of the day working on the insurance refunds that I got late last week.  I just have mail them out tomorrow.  I didn’t get a lot of US/Healthlogic mail today and when it did come it was too late to do much.

Some university news that occurred over the weekend.  It seems that the Yale College that has been the center of protests (that would be Calhoun College) was renamed for a woman.  A woman who is currently in the Navy and is an Alumni.  The University President spoke about it in his weekly email to the University over the weekend. He seems to support the name change despite his original plan not in April. 

This morning it was announced that Journalist (and I use that term loosely) Geraldo Rivera who has been an Associate Fellow at Calhoun College resigned from his position.  First I had no idea he was even here and second don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.  I don’t care what his reasons are.  This is the best resolution for everyone.

I was supposed to meet with the health coach today but she had to cancel.  We tried to pick another day but the times are just not conducive.  So we probably will meet sometime next week.  I was kind of glad wanted to be home early.

I am expecting my Peapod order between 7 and 9 tomorrow night.  If the weather changes it can always come the next day.  It’s not a huge order this time.  I am already thinking of what else I can get on the list next week.  I have until midnight to add but I can’t be bothered.

I ordered my coffee and tea from Coffees for less website.  It should be here by the end of the week as well.  Again not too much either.

I also got more litter for the boxes and the pet friendly ice melt.  I didn’t realize you could get it at Petco. It sure saved me some time and money.  I put it on when I got home.

I have some of the Starz Channels and I got to watch the full length (and unedited) version of POTC Worlds End.  It was pretty cool on the TV. 

It’s been a busy day and I am getting tired.  I know the minute I get into bed the kitties will lie down for a short while and then come down and play around for an hour then come back to bed.

 

Comments