Skip to main content

Not too bad a ride

Despite the rain/sleet and snow and apparently wind I didn’t hear too much of last night my drive wasn’t too bad.  I went the secondary roads like last time but took a couple of other roads that were a little clearer. Going into New Haven there were many cars that were encased by the snow.  You all have driveways and parking lots SOME where in the city you could have gotten it out.  Geesh.  Even though the roads were okay I was still late.  I just didn’t get up early enough to get dressed and clear off the car.  I did it just before 7:30 and then left by that time.

The day at work was pretty good.  People compared snow stories of the past weekend.  I was among them.  I spent most of the day working on the insurance refunds that I got late last week.  I just have mail them out tomorrow.  I didn’t get a lot of US/Healthlogic mail today and when it did come it was too late to do much.

Some university news that occurred over the weekend.  It seems that the Yale College that has been the center of protests (that would be Calhoun College) was renamed for a woman.  A woman who is currently in the Navy and is an Alumni.  The University President spoke about it in his weekly email to the University over the weekend. He seems to support the name change despite his original plan not in April. 

This morning it was announced that Journalist (and I use that term loosely) Geraldo Rivera who has been an Associate Fellow at Calhoun College resigned from his position.  First I had no idea he was even here and second don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out.  I don’t care what his reasons are.  This is the best resolution for everyone.

I was supposed to meet with the health coach today but she had to cancel.  We tried to pick another day but the times are just not conducive.  So we probably will meet sometime next week.  I was kind of glad wanted to be home early.

I am expecting my Peapod order between 7 and 9 tomorrow night.  If the weather changes it can always come the next day.  It’s not a huge order this time.  I am already thinking of what else I can get on the list next week.  I have until midnight to add but I can’t be bothered.

I ordered my coffee and tea from Coffees for less website.  It should be here by the end of the week as well.  Again not too much either.

I also got more litter for the boxes and the pet friendly ice melt.  I didn’t realize you could get it at Petco. It sure saved me some time and money.  I put it on when I got home.

I have some of the Starz Channels and I got to watch the full length (and unedited) version of POTC Worlds End.  It was pretty cool on the TV. 

It’s been a busy day and I am getting tired.  I know the minute I get into bed the kitties will lie down for a short while and then come down and play around for an hour then come back to bed.



Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …