Seems Quiet

I WAS QUITE SURPRISED TO BE AT WORK A FEW MINUTES AFTER 8 BUT KNOWING TRAFFIC WAS STILL CONSIDERABLY LIGHT.  THANK HEAVENS FOR February WINTER BREAK.  Happily, the elevator in the parking garage was up and running again (it’s been out again).
ITS BEEN QUIET FOR THE MOST PART AROUND HERE. WORKED ON THE REFUNDS THIS MORNING AND IN THE AFTERNOON THE MAIL.  I had to look up some EOB’s for the Supervisor. 
At the end of the week we will have a sendoff for a coworker who is retiring and her last day is next week.   She has been a good friend over the years.
Last weekend I found out that my nephew C and his fianc√© are leaving this month (a week from today actually) for Fort Mills SC.  She has a job in a satellite Surgical place and he will be looking for a job when he gets down there.  The main reason is so he can be closer to his kids who moved down there two years.  There is a Surprise going away party for them next Monday.
My BIL is getting ready for a major surgery soon.  So my sister is trying to get everything ready and keep him from a big anxiety attack.
I haven’t attended any of the Meetups I signed up for.  There are a number coming up that are either too far away or maybe not the ones I am really looking for yet.  I really don’t know what I am looking for exactly.  I do need to talk to Mama Roberta about her experiences with the Meetups in her city.
My friend asked me if I would host her exchange student for six days when she goes on her April vacation for six days.  She has asked the agency and several other host mothers if the girl could stay with them but they all have other plans.  I am also declining.  It is a lot of responsibility.  Despite all the re-assurances from my friend I am not ready to do that.
There was a plane crash just outside the city near where my friend Siduri lives.  She is fine the plane landed near the beach/swamp area away from her.  There was one casualty.
 I don’t have a lot of meetings left for this week but we have plenty of activities coming up in the next few months.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

I was wondering why