Cheryl's Party


The Surprise party was a huge success (although she admitted as the hours passed she kind of knew something was being planned). Only a handful of people dressed up (mostly sibs, and kids, and of course my sister and Bil).  The party was to start at 2 but Sis thought it was at 1.  A fact I mentioned when I arrived at her house today.  There was plenty of food.  Appetizers included cheese and crackers, stuffed breads, veggie platter with dipping sauce, bruschetta, and pizza.  The buffet had everything as well, pasta, eggplant rollattini, chicken piccata, roasted potatoes, and steamed vegetables and salad and the bread.   I showed some restraint and didn’t have EVERYTHING and still it was good but I didn’t have dinner when I came home. 

There was some dancing to the 80’s music as well.  I did get up there but grew tired and breathless, and sweaty in a very short time.  Evidently I need to still work on my energy level and physique.  It might explain my being tired by 5.  The party broke up around 5 and we were back in town by 6 and I was home a short time later.

I haven’t done much since I got home.  I folded some clothes, cleaned out the sink, watched TV (there doesn’t seem to be much on except for sports and few movies I have seen already).  I will be sending the dishwasher through as soon as I finish my tea.

The kitties were waiting for me by the door when I arrived.  I let them go downstairs a few times and I think Tiger headed upstairs already.  Sky is back and forth and meows like crazy.  I have already gave them kibble before I left so I am not giving them any more until tomorrow.

While I was getting some cash at Walgreen’s I had the opportunity to call Mama Roberta today.  I wanted to tell her that the family who moved into their old house took down a tree that was in the yard.  I told her about JCP closing (which I had a feeling she knew from reading it on Patch) and just as she was telling me about the decapitation that happened in her development we got disconnected.  I was furious that the phone was acting wonky and I couldn’t get the phone back.  By then it was time to get to Liz’s.  While they were getting ready I called her back.  We agreed to call later tonight but now I am too tired.  I did send her an email that I found the alert regarding the decapitation.  I am going to read it again tomorrow.

This week will be active.  The beginning of the week I will be working on the checks, mail, and adding the newest task to my kitty.  I have a local 34 committee meeting on Tuesday.  Nothing else that I can think of for the office. 

Wednesday night I have to be at the Beth El Shelter for the dinner we are serving to the people there.  I have already put a few of the refreshments in a box for me to carry and still have to put the rest in another box.  I am so glad I kept some of the boxes from my deliveries this week.

I have a couple of meetings later on in the week.  In between all that I am going to have to find time to straighten the house.  My Dining room table is cluttered and the bathroom needs to be cleaned.  I can see the vacuuming needs to be done in the living room.  I have to make sure I get the cake out in time to defrost.  I need plates for it.  I have enough plastic cups (I am sure my chairman will have water or soda).

Before I say good night.  I just want to say thank you to all of you who have come to visit and liked my blogs.  I hope you enjoyed what you have read and I hope you come back soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Don't Know what's going on