Fun Afternoon


 

When I Left here this morning it was after 10 I headed to the credit union and got money out and then headed to the salon.  I was very early so I went to the Pet store next door and saw all the sweetest and cutest pups.  I didn’t get to hold any of them but I spent a lot of time talking with one of the staff members.  We talked about the history of the store (no relations to the one out west) but they are selling the one in Guilford.    It was very interesting.  There seemed to be a variety of breeds.  Mastiff, Labradors, pugs, Schnauzers, and a huskie.  I left there just before 11 with a silent promise to return and get to sit with them.

Once I got next door I chatted with Mary Ann the receptionist and Karen my hairdresser and then had cookies.  A short time later the coloring was started and by the time I was completely finished it was after 12. I headed down towards Milford VIA Route 1 (huge, huge mistake!) and eventually made my way to Babies R Us to pick up the gift card and then headed to dollar store and got the air fresheners. 

After that I headed to Sis’s and we spent the next hour or so talking.  We talked about the frontier, family, and history.  It was a good time.  It was nearly 2 when I left.  I headed to Adams for some lunch/supper.  I had some BBQ ribs, and wings and nuts.

The rest of the afternoon and into the evening I did laundry spent time online and watched TV.  I couldn’t believe I heard that three shows on PBS were going off the air.  They included Keeping up Appearances (found that to be a little obnoxious), As time goes by (thought those were already done as the two showed up in a James Bond movie together few years ago) and Doc Martin.  Then I heard Mercy Street was being cancelled.  I sent a message to PBS to ask why.  No word yet.

The kitties spent their day doing various forms of…sleeping.  On more than one occasion this weekend I found them in different rooms sleeping.  Tiger was on the office chair where Sky is usually found.  Sky was on sleeping on the bed in the guest room.  A spot usually where I would find Tiger.  At one point Tiger was using Sky as pillow as he laid beneath the blankets in the spare room. 

This morning I woke up at 6:30.  That’s the latest I have slept on a Sunday.  I think all of our bodies were still on Standard time.  Even before we changed the clocks this morning something felt different.  I did my normal routine.  Fed the cats, cleared the boxes, slept for a little while, and got online.  I even participated on a FB live chat with our local weatherman.  He even read my post (beaming). 

I also sent messages to find out about The Ladies Guild and it is being cancelled.  There is no alert system in place to contact people. So I won’t be going out at all that day if this Storm is “the Perfect Storm”.  Drat.  I was really looking forward to seeing everyone.  I may put forth the idea of having a phone tree so if things like this happen or something comes up people can be contacted.  SB is so not ready for this storm or she writes.  She is planning on not going to work on Tuesday. 

This week is a visit from Livia.  I am glad she is coming tomorrow instead of Tuesday.  As she has been the last few times.  I am pretty sure if she couldn’t come she would have told me anyway.  I still have been picking up here and there.

The 4th district is not meeting this week as I originally thought (there is an extra week in the month) but Chairman V emailed to tell me or ask me if we could move it from the 23rd to Friday the 24th.  What was I going to say NO?  We have already had a couple of confirmations.  I froze the cake I ordered with pea pod. 

 

My Peapod delivery came just after 5:30.  I got everything I ordered.  Now I am set for the meetings and events I am supplying over the next few weeks.  Now I have enough pasta and pasta sauce if all the beef and fish run out.

Sis is still getting use to her new cable provider/internet/phone provider.  They didn’t have any TV last night as she pushed the wrong buttons and had to get it reset.  They thought there were supposed to get HBO for two years and they are not (not sure if that is kosher).  She did say the Internet speed is not fast.  Something I have heard from a few others.

Well I am tired and I need to get to bed….Have a great night…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited