Skip to main content

I am all set

All the groceries I needed are bought and stowed.  I just have to gas the car up on the way home tonight and then settle in. I will need to bring in all the mats and small items on the front porch so they won’t get buried or blown away.  I have batteries, and I will charge my phone tonight before too long.  I may have to put the old garbage cans in the garage (they look stupid just sitting out there falling all over the place).

 I have already told Supervisor not going to come in tomorrow or Wednesday.  I am hoping to get any and all checks mailed out by the end of the day.  I put the time requests in for it anyway.  By 11:40 I retracted *Bob rejected* it because we were notified that the school is closed until Wednesday 10 am.  So all I have to do is call again Wednesday.

I have checked in with my brother and my sister.  I have told them both that I would be staying home for the next two days and the University -preemptively will be closing the school.  Actually I may have told my sister that I was staying home but not J-actually I did while writing this.

Now that I have the next two days off I have every intention of catching up with my pen pal letters to Linda, Missy, and anyone else I have backlogged.  I know I won’t be able to get to the post office until Thursday but that’s okay.  I may even tackle the paint by numbers project I have.

Have I told you Sky loves my new hairdo?  Yep.  He was sniffing and smelling it for two days and then began to eat it.  *yuck*.  It made me laugh at first but then it started to hurt.  Well I guess I shouldn’t complain.  I wanted him to pay attention to me.  He has been sleeping at the foot of the bed for the last couple of nights.  Of course Tiger has slept in the office chair for the last couple of nights.  They seem to know when it’s time for bed.  If I don’t go up at my usual time they come looking for me and rubbing against my legs.  IF the wind is loud and fast I wonder if they will be spooked.  I have been watching Sky when he sits with me at night and he hears something and bolts to find out what it is and then he comes back.

Well there is about an hour and half left of the day and I still have work to do..


Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …