Skip to main content

St Patrick's Day 2017

Yesterday was St Patrick’s Day.  It was also my maternal grandmother’s 119th Birthday. We had some great celebrations for Nanny (she didn’t like being called grandma) over the years.  Some at restaurants and later at family homes.   Her Siblings all died in their 90’s except for one that was Aunt Helen.  She died at 104.  My last memories of Nanny were she was in her house until was 90 we had a woman come and care for her when the children and grandchildren couldn’t.  Eventually she went into the nursing home when she deteriorated by dementia.  She was feisty almost to the end.

A lot of people were dressed in green in the office.  I didn’t.  Not even the socks that Dr. T gave me last week.  I had a very good chat with EV regarding the support of Local 33 and I have to say I am understanding it little more.  Also the importance of being a united front on issues as well. 

Now that some scanning is being done again (one person so far).  I will be looking up more EOBs and stuff.  I was told this by Supervisor Bob yesterday afternoon.  I will be doing it when things are a little slow (and there are going to be days like that).  Yesterday was not going to be that day.  I still had a lot to open by the time I left.   I also have a lot of checks to label and mail.

Great news…My cable provider and WFSB came to an agreement yesterday afternoon and now we get CBS again.  Just in time for the March Madness.  OF course two State Reps are taking responsibility for this action.  Both are friends of mine but I get the feeling they won’t acknowledge each other. Maybe they will.  Anyway it was great to see something on the channel.

When I got home I chatted with neighbor Don while he was playing snowball toss with Lilly. We talked about old neighbors and memories.

Then I came in and played with the kitties and then eventually made dinner.  It was tortellini and sauce.  I had a lot of it despite the fact I wasn’t planning on eating much.

The grocery delivery came just before 8 and he came in a truck with no lights inside the storage part.  He also stopped at a neighbor’s house.  Everything I ordered came.  I know I have some cooking to do later this afternoon.

I spent the rest of the night doing very little except crossword puzzles.  I did pretty well on about half them (I did ten puzzles).

Sky was pretty funny he was playing hide and seek with me in the living room.  I have a white chair with a high back and he hid under neither and every time I tried to look underneath he was swat at me his paws.  He “nailed me at one point and then he would push himself out from underneath and try and grab my heels.  I decided it was time to end and head to bed.

I took the laptop up with me to finish a few puzzles and guess who came first?  Tiger!  She had been sleeping in the chair for several nights but last night she decided to come to the bed.  Eventually sky also did.  We eventually fell asleep.



Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…