Skip to main content

Sunday March 5, 2017

Well I finally made the meatloaf this morning.  It’s in the oven right now and I am just hoping it won’t kill me.  The mixture included the ground beef (I bought a couple of days ago-hence kill comment) put in two eggs, panko breading, 1 tablespoon of mustards and ketchup (not the dried stuff) and ground garlic-a whole clove.  I quickly mixed it together with my hands and put in a loaf pan that had been sprayed with cooking spray.  Once I had it in the loaf pan I preheated the oven to 350 and then put shredded cheddar cheese on top (I forgot to put it in while mixing).  It was done just about 10:15.  I tried a few pieces and so far haven’t collapsed from food poisoning.

I really didn’t do very much today.  I don’t usually do on Sunday mornings.  I did touch basis with some family members.  Sis was still sleeping but going out this afternoon.  My Brother doing whatever he does on Sunday morning.  I called my Nephew J in Florida for the third time this week.  I also sent him a text.  I don’t want to be a pest and I felt like I was beginning to be just that.

I ran some errands before and after going to bingo.  I went to do some bottle returns but the machines were being used all of them and they also insist one bag limit when redeeming the bottles. So I stopped at the post office.

I didn’t have any letters from pen pals (but I need to write them in order to get them) but I did get a Linden Hall Reunion mailing. It is in May but I will not be able to attend.  I checked the LH Alumni FB page and those discussions are beginning as well as a memorial for an older classmate who died a few days ago.  She was in the class of 1965 so I don’t know her personally.

Linden Hall isn’t the only one preparing for the reunion either.  My HS (at least former classmates) are organizing an all class reunion and it is the same weekend as the LH.  I am not even sure I am going to that one either but I am still mulling it over.

Bingo went well.  H and Chloe both came and helped a couple fo people.  I had to ask Hanna not to play the game but to help MS J when she was having trouble.  Actually two others reminded H that is why she is there.  The girls asked me if they could still come to volunteer the two weekends I won’t be coming.  I asked Maria…she was not all that helpful.  At first she said sure then she asked me their age after I related the conversation I had with N months ago.  So I have to call N tomorrow and get a clarification.

After Bingo I headed back to the store and got rid of the bottles and headed home.  I settled in for the rest of the night.

The kitties came down shortly after I came home and I was getting my dinner. It was Meatloaf sandwiches.  I let them downstairs, gave them fresh food and cleaned out their litterbox again.  They went back upstairs and fell asleep and that’s where they are now.

I watched TV and did one final load of laundry.  I am done…

I hope you had a great weekend and have a great Monday….


Popular posts from this blog

Ended up

Because I wasn’t feeling well last Thursday night  and the lack of sleep from it I barely did anything Friday.  I did some laundry, cleaned out one of the litter boxes, emptied the dishwasher only to fill it up again. I made myself an early lunch of steak and potato and had yogurt.  I was not anxious to eat too much as my shoulder still hurt. I think the aches and pains are from the amount of cheese I had in the last couple of days.   I fell asleep for the afternoon watching the X Men double feature.   I did fold some of the clothes and sheets and put more laundry in.  You are probably wondering where all these clothes are coming from.  Some of them have been there a few days and needed refreshing. When I didn’t fold the clothes I watched TV.  I actually sat through Hawaii 5-0 haven’t done that in months.  It's a good show.  It has done a few cross overs with the NCIS franchise (mostly the LA show) now there is some discussion prompted by articles that that H50 will do crossovers …

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Busy Friday

I spent a couple of hours working on mail and sending out refunds for the afternoon mailing.  By the end of the morning I spent it working on scanning until the end of  the day.  I  don’t feel I got a lot done but I did have some problems with a couple of the batches.
I did make an appointment with Courtney the health coach for next week.  I was beginning to think I missed an appointment but when I checked with her I found that I hadn’t.  It will be on Wednesday at 4:30.
I wasn’t sure I could eat anything chewy yet so I had broccoli and cheese soup for lunch.  It was good and I did chew on the left side of the mouth with no problem but as usual I probably used both sides.  I had been drinking lots of water at least I tried.  I had some coffee.
It was also refrigerator cleaning day at work.  I had forgotten and manage to lose a new coffee creamer that I put in there from Thursday next time that happens I am bringing in a cooler  so I don’t waste three dollars.  It's already on the nex…