Thankful Thursday

1.            I am thankful for my family warts and all.
2.            I am thankful for my kitties
3.            I am thankful for my job
4.            I am thankful for the Medical profession that keeps me on the road to good health
5.            I am thankful for my neighbors
6.            I am thankful for my home
7.            I am thankful for my friends
8.            I am thankful for the organizations I belong to.
9             I am thankful for the weather.
10.         I am thankful for the men and women who choose to protect and serve their country and their citizens even at the worst possible times. 

Today is Neighbor Shannon’s 18th birthday and she has been a blessing and joy to watch for the last 18th years.  She has been raised right by her parents whom I am grateful for because they have been there for me and my late mother whenever we needed thing.  I am grateful for all my neighbors too.

I discovered this week that one of my other neighbors put her house up for sale.  She has an absentee landlord because she has been living in NY and renting out the house here.  I am grateful to her for selling because in the short time she was here (5 years or so ago) she was a complete witch.  I just feel bad for the renters.

I have been looking around the house as of late and notice things here and there that need fixing. Some walls need plastering, windows (lots of them) need to be replace.  I have been trying to keep the heat down to 68 when I am in the house.  There are only a few times that I was so cold I put it to 70.  OF course I am happy that I have someone to come clean it for me. 

I know I kvetch when I feel I am overwhelmed; feel I am too busy but I still like it.  There are some days I have activities such as the International dinner at the shelter this past week.  We have many more activities coming up before the year ends.  The creative writing contest reception, three more general meetings, the fashion show, and of course the bird house deliveries.  I am not doing all of those (I think the girls have volunteered to do the birdhouses)

The district and committee meetings continue and we are planning the annual awards night in June.  The location has yet to be determined.  We get information on things that are happening in and around the city and their citizens.

The Ladies guild has a couple of activities coming up next month a bake sale and plant sale.  You know I probably will do the no bake cheese cake again.   I may try something different this time as well.


The kitties are being funny.  They have been racing around at night and making sure I get up in the morning or go to bed when I should.  I found Sky rolling around in the litter box this morning and then he was just sitting there and it looked like was starting to fall asleep in the box!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

Yay Friday

i waited