Skip to main content

The Weekend Flew by again

I am sitting in my living room watching the 60 minute piece on fake news and how it is perpetrated and how much it is believed and used.  One of the guys who is a radio guy is an idiot.  It is just a piece to remind us all to be care full of the things we read on the various sites.  This is an issue in a few of the message boards for NCIs I frequent.  We are constantly reminded to not post from certain sites (and yet some still did it until recently) and to check with reliable sources such as the network itself or the reps of the stars or even ET or such sites.  Anyway I am waiting for NCIS: LA. To start.

I am also realizing the weekend is virtually over.  I woke up at a fairly decent hour fed the cats, and watched TV and waited for the grocery delivery to come.  The weather was fluctuating between gray skies, rain and an occasional visit from the sun. 

I spent part of the morning watching one of my favorite movies.  It was Free Willy.  The first time I went to see it was when it first came out in theaters and I just was starting to become a parent to Alex the Springer Spaniel.  It was a tough time because I was not very confident in my abilities as a pet owner.  I was trying to do what everyone else wanted and not what I wanted.  Anyway, I hadn’t see this movie in quite some time. 

I had to get ready for the Baby sprinkle so it was on in the background while I got ready.  I even got the gift ready made a phone call or two and then left just before noon. 

It was starting to rain by the time I got to my sister’s.  I tried to go in but the door was locked.  I figured I would wait until one of them came to the door.  My BIL did.  They were getting things together and we finally took off.  It was about a 45 minute ride and we got there a few minutes after 1. 

The party was already started like most of Cheryl’s parties.  WE got settled in and started to socialize with each other.  I was foretold that there is some bad blood between my niece and her MIL.  Apparently at one point there was a heated exchange (I missed).  Around 4 (and before the desserts were served) we decided to go.  Liz was basically getting tire and had enough of the whole thing (including the inappropriate behavior of some) and truthfully I was tired as well. 

Jessica got a lot of great stuff.  I am always impressed and amazed with the new outfits that come out for babies.  They are so adorable.  I can never find anything (as most of her stuff was already bought).  Of course I probably could look a little more.

When I got home I was greeted by my babes.  They were quite hungry and anxious for kibble.  I didn’t give it to them until an hour or so after I got home.  They have been roaming around here and vocalizing as though they were dying.  I have clean out their boxes for now. 

I also wrapped the loose coin I have collected over the months.  It took me about two hours.  I also was watching the Decades binge of TV movies and one was the Matt Houston series opener.  It was fun to watch it. 

I have also did some laundry and sent the dishwasher through..  It leaked a little tonight.  I think I didn’t close it as tightly as I should..  Actually it sounds like the clothes need to be put in the dryer.    So I am going to do that.

I am very glad Livia is coming tomorrow. 


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …