Skip to main content

Was it really Quiet?

Every time I write this reflection I have to think about the previous week’s activities and most time I keep saying it was fairly quiet.  Well it may have been quiet but it was actively quiet. 

Work was drawing to a close with no huge issues that I was aware of except how quickly the incident with the Lab had disappeared from the media.  If you recall a few people passed out after have water from a Keurig’s coffee maker.  It was not the issue. According to reports Sodium Azide were found on items that can cause the symptoms that caused people to pass out or get dizzy. Some cynics and theorists would like to say it was a spill of some kind and was quickly hushed up.

There was a Workplace Survey that came out last week and almost daily we have been reminded to take time and take the survey.  We are even being enticed with snacks this coming Thursday.  We have until the 12th.

I told you yesterday about the news we received about the move that’s now been placed on hold.  I am getting the feeling that no one was surprised because they knew this was coming.  I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but I am disappointed.

My Nephew and his lady made it safely to North Carolina and is settling in pretty well.  There was a change in housing arrangements so for now they are staying in a hotel until something comes up. 

I was “stalking” my nephew J and his wife via phone late in the week.  It felt like it to me.  After finding out they will be transferred to Alaska I wanted to catch up with them.  They haven’t returned any messages or calls.  I suspect they are busy for a young couple so I really don’t want to bother them.  I have left messages now it’s their turn.

It was fairly quiet in the community service world for me last week but this month will change soon.  The Ladies Guild starts up this month and we have a couple of things coming up for the spring.  I really missed that the last couple of months.

  The woman’s club has a meeting tonight and we have a few things going on this month as well.  They would be the Creative Writing contest (probably winding down soon), Dinner at the homeless shelter in a couple of weeks and fashion show (can’t remember when that is).

There have been a few meetups that have popped up but still haven’t done them yet but there are more coming up that I really might do.  It hasn’t been part of the discussion with my sister since last week.

The weather has been mixed this past week.  Windy and cold and mid-week rain and later we will be getting snow before the weekend starts.

I was a little concerned this week as I thought I was having a few minor “light headedness” and I wasn’t sure what was going on.  I do see the Rheumatologist soon so I will tell them about it.


Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

It dropped at least 10 degrees in a day or so.Yesterday I was being blown down the street while walking and today I have bundled up more.I heard we may get snow flurries tonight.Just as we are expecting the snow flurries the CPTV is rebroadcasting the documentary Blizzard of 78.
I had a good session with Debra.Talked about the events of the last couple of weeks and she is confident that I will be smart about the “Meetups”.She also recommended to not discuss it with Sis.We will meet next week regular time.
I did talk to Liz via text after I had received an invitation to my Niece’s baby sprinkle.(That’s what they are calling it cute huh?)Tentative plans are to go together.It will be later on this month.A week after Cheryl’s party.I am thinking it’s time for another outfit.I need to make time to get a gift for both parties.
I can say with relief that my traffic ticket I got last week was paid in full.They got it within the last couple of days.Bills are paid.
Work was fine we had a staff meet…

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …