Skip to main content

First day of my spring vacation

It is the first day of my spring vacation and I nearly flooded the kitchen, bathroom and cellar.  I have been up since 5:30 but been awake since 4:30.  I was soaking some clothes and forgot to turn the faucet off and while I was showering it flooded the bathroom, kitchen and there is a huge (not a deep) puddle in the basement.  I borrowed some extension cords from a neighbor and have the dehumidifier going.  I opened the windows to see if that would help but closed them after an hour.  The cellar floor is almost dry but still needs to more time.  The kitchen floor is all dry in obvious places.  The bathroom is dry too that I can see.  It clumped the litter that was tossed on to the floor by the fur babes.  I will have to clear out under the sink as well. 

I have done some laundry including all the towels I used to soak up the water.  I have more to do and will do it as the rest of the afternoon passes.

I dropped the car off a little after 7 and enjoyed the walk back.  It was a bit breezy and a little sunny.  Around 9:30 I got the call it was all ready and I went back to get it.  I came back and had some breakfast and added to the already growing pile of dishes in the sink.  No worries they are heading into the dishwasher soon.   

I delivered the birdhouses to the two elementary schools and had a little visit with her and then came home had lunch and then headed to the other school.  It was a really short visit at that one. 

I went to TJ MAXX and bought new bed linens for the guest room and that included a couple of new pillows (I am worried that the extra pillow cases I bought won’t fit).  I put them up on the bed to be put on closer to Roberta and Michael’s arrival on Monday. 

After that I went to the credit union (the teller was incredulous that I was not earning enough on my accounts) just deposit the freaking coin into the account please. I headed home after that.

Since I have been home checked the cellar and there was still some water on the floor.  I called my neighbor to ask if I could still use her cords and they didn’t mind (they had other things occupying their time).  Surfed the net and spent some one on one time with Miss Tiger.  She is currently sitting above me on the sofa. 

Cleaned the kitchen and restocked the dishwasher and will send it through before going to bed.  

I see LOTR second installment is on tonight you know I am going to watch it.




Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …