Skip to main content

Last day of VAcation

Yesterday was the last day of my vacation until maybe next month or June.  It was raining since Thursday night and it is still going on today.  It was cold and dreary yesterday and it was the same for today.

After tackling the kitchen I decided to go run some errands that included paying for the post office box, picking up the creative writing contest stuff, and messed up on my prescription. 

When I got home made some calls and it was straightened out.  They were reminding me I have to have an eye test while taking the plaquenil.  I told them I was in two months.  I guess its new protocol. 

In the afternoon I did some errands for Liz who had brought Nel home.  I picked up the prescriptions and some lunch/dinner for them.  I also picked up a stuffed chick where bunny ears.  I later found out he loved it and it’s by their bed.

When I got home I was waiting for Roberta to come home.  She had lunch with a friend and Michael worked with his friend eddy.  They had dinner in Branford. 

Roberta and I just watched TV it was TOH series.  We also watched other things star Trek I think.  After a while we headed to Hibachi Grill in Orange and had dinner.  I don’t remember what time we finished or what time we got home but a few hours later Mike came back and we watched the Christian Bale 2014 movie Exodus: Gods and Kings.  It was very interesting and much different then Charlton Heston’s version of Moses.  I stayed up and watched it until maybe 11 they stayed up for a while longer.  I think the kitties ambled around for a while. 

Around 11 after I went to bed Sky came up and slept with me.  I am not sure where Tiger went.  It makes me smile to remember when they both helped make the bed.  They sat on the bed a couple of times.

This morning I got up early fed the cats and watched TV and surfed the net.  After awhile Roberta got up (not sure Sky woke her) and we watched TV and then she went back to bed and then Mike came down and I made breakfast for him. 

Around 9 I got ready for my hair appointment.  Before I left I asked Roberta if she wanted to go to Dr. T’s house with me to drop off the creative writing contest submissions.  She did but after I get back from the hair salon.

It was about noon time when I got back to the house.  Roberta came shortly after I did they needed to get some air.  Mike has been fighting something and when he gets a tad cranky he is cranky. 

We left here around 1 and went to Dr. T’s house.  We spent an hour there and helped her go organize the submissions.  Then we talked more about family, moving, and life in general.  That’s when Papa got cranky.  We were only going to drop it off.  They needed to be on the road early to head to family dinner in NY. Upstate NY.  They should be back here later tonight.

It looks like Hockey guy and family have returned from their Hockey season as there are cars and more activity at the house.  Now that I know that I have to be really careful in and around the kitchen.  My small bathroom is built in to the kitchen in a way.

Tonight quiet watching TV and doing Crossword puzzles and some laundry that I seem to find in every corner this weekend.


Well that’s all the news that’s fit to print for now…



Popular posts from this blog

Moved Slowly

This is a definite slow day.  This morning did our regular routine for a Saturday.  The kitties have been fed, and have been let down into the cellar,  I cleaned out the litter boxes, and went back to sleep with the TV watching me...get the picture?
Peapod arrive just after 9:30.  I didn’t need to see them as Sky was running up the stairs.  The driver pulled into the neighbor’s (Hockey guy’s) driveway.  I asked her not to do it she explained it wouldn’t be for long and she figured it was mine.  I just shrugged my shoulders and resigned myself to the fact she will do it.   Please for the love of all that’s right next time listen to me.  BEsides there was plenty of room in front of the house!  I got every thing that I ordered and put it all away.  Another list is already started for next week.
The weather sites got it wrong again.  One of them said we were supposed to get rain this morning.  It was supposed to start sometime after 8:30.  Need I have to tell you it never came?  The sun fin…

REally Busy

I am so sorry I haven’t finished the weekend entries.  I just was too tired and Monday was busy.  I know I have my Florida adventures to write up but again.  Not enough time or energy lately.  
I am looking forward to next weekend as I am meeting up with Siduri and we are going to spend the day in the city and visit Peabody museum and have lunch.  On sunday is baby Giada’s Christening and I am really looking forward to that.  I haven’t met Giada yet but from the pictures her parents and grandparents post she is beautiful.
WE had some late night rain last night and early morning rain today.  We may have more as the week progresses but that’s okay.  Meteorologist Geoff Fox began his second week at his summer Gig at Channel 8 this week.  His first week went well even with some first time hiccups with the technology.  He is having a blast along with his colleagues and fans.
I received a letter from my pen pal Debi in Tampa and I did manage to read the whole letter in one sitting.  She is kee…

Sunday Objectives

As i was finishing up feeding the cats this morning I walked into the living room and found what looked like a hairball on the window sill that landed on the floor.  Ick  I don’t know why they have so many hairballs.  There is two more around the house.  Cleaned one up in the office upstairs the other day.
I let them downstairs already.  I actually am not sure if both went or just Sky.  I turned around after finishing cleaning up hairball number 2  and tiger was just sitting there.
My other objectives today would include laundry and church and of course bingo.  I know you are surprised about the church but it's time I go back.
Nothing is wrong but this is proactive.  I feel that when I don’t go to church for a long time my whole center seems off balance and things go wrong.  I want to prevent that from happening.  Considering I am also on the Ladies guild Board now.  I best do it.
I talked with Mama Roberta Friday night for an hour.  She told me about her trip to Colorado and how she …