Man I crashed


After Mike and Roberta got up around 9 they gathered all their belongings and we headed to IHOP for Breakfast.  We were surprised at how busy it was.  Despite or even because it was so busy we managed to get in a little after we got there.  We had placed our orders.  They got the rise and shine breakfast.  When we finished we came back home and they got the last of their stuff and we said goodbye.  It won’t be for long.  They will be back around 5 tomorrow afternoon as we are having dinner with friend’s tomorrow night.  Then on Sunday and then Monday. We meet up again on Wednesday for dinner and then later on in the week as they will be doing a few more things before leaving at the beginning of the following week for home.

I decided to take a shower and then get some laundry started.  It was a bout then I crashed.  I made some calls, surfed the net, and watched TV and then decided to sleep.  The kitties did the same thing in the closet. They eventually came out and I closed it off. 

I did catch up with Liz and we are going to together tomorrow after her meeting.  They went to see N’s Sister upstate.  Something happened and I will eventually find out soon. 

I did call Jim tonight to rsvp to the long term dinner and ask what he wanted and we both said beef.  He was heading out for the evening and so we didn’t get to talk long.

I do have to say I am still reeling at Governor Malloy’s announcement he would not be seeking a third term as governor of Connecticut.  According to the reports I watched earlier there was a mixed reaction to the news.  There is a long list of potential candidates including the Lt Governor Nancy Wyman, There is also Kevin Lembo he is state comptroller, and then George Jepson the state Attorney General.  They are all good people and seem to have worked hard.

I am relieved to know that all those whom I sent Easter cards to received them. Liz loved hers and so did Dave.  Even when I talked with Jim he didn’t acknowledge it.  I am not hurt by that.  Dave tells me via text that he will be joining his aunts and cousins over at the Grassy hill Country club for their annual buffet. 

I just got a message from Roberta letting me know our hostess for Sunday will be calling me to drop off her lamb for storage.  I suspect it will be in the pan as well.  I just hope my refrigerator can hold it.

I am going to go to bed.  I will have a number of things to do tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wow it got cold fast

I was wondering why

Cheryl's Party