Skip to main content

So far a busy week

The end of last week I spent in preparation for my vacation and my friends visit from NC.  These last few days were busy.  They arrived Monday afternoon and we spent a couple of hours relaxing and have a late lunch before attending my very first Seder. 

It was quite different then what I was expecting.  We were given something to eat at first and then began the Seder.  It was inclusive to have the children there.  Then we had brisquit with vegetables for the main meal.  The whole service was quite long and we left before the end.  It was nice but as usual I was uncomfortable with the amount of chatting during the service among the attendees and the children.  You couldn’t always hear what was going on.

Tuesday we did had a breakfast at a local restaurant and we went shopping at Shop Rite for a few things they can’t get down in NC.  Then we headed home and M got on his computer and watched TV and fell asleep and R and I went to visit my sister who had a full house of her own.  Two of the grandkids were there spending a couple of days and as children do they were loud and at times disruptive.  We stayed for a couple of hours.

Roberta and I had time for lunch at Goodies and then we dropped her off for her hair appointment in town.  I came back home and Michael and I watched TV until he went out for a late lunch and visited some friends here in town.   I fell asleep until Sky woke me up.  I went to pick up Roberta from the salon.  We headed to their friends house and was there for about an hour or so.

Mike and Roberta had a second Seder to go to so we came home and they got ready and left and I had dinner and spent the evening watching TV.  I went to bed about 9:30 and they came home sometime after midnight-I think.

On Wednesday we went to breakfast and then did some shopping for things for breakfast and a new crockpot for me.  We came home and watched some old movies and Roberta did some laundry.  Mike helped me disconnect two the of the cable boxes so that we can take them back this morning.  We made it to Golden Corral for dinner last night.  We got there around 5:30 and stood in a rather quick moving outside the restaurant.  We got our food and by an hour and half later we were finished and home watching some show on Travel channel.  I thought it was good but it definitely was disorganized but they have only been open nearly 2 weeks.

This morning we are heading to Bridgeport (the closest store) to drop off the 2 boxes.  Later this afternoon I have a doctor’s appointment in Hamden and after that I will be meeting M&R in New haven at another friend’s house.    Tonight Roberta and I having dinner with some other friends while Mike has a boy’s night out with his Friend Eddie.

Tomorrow Roberta and Mike will head out to Water’s Edge where they will spend a week there but making several trips back to Milford for a few activities.  We have dinner on Saturday with the couple we went to the first Seder with.  They will return to Water’s Edge and return on Sunday to pick me up for Easter dinner with the “H’s”.  Again they will return to Water’s Edge. 

They will be making the time share their home base next week but once again a few trips back here as Roberta and I have a few dinners with friends again.  They will be returning to my house next weekend before they visit family and then return home.

The kitties were a little skittish at the beginning of the week coming out only for food and bed time and eventually they have been coming out while everyone has been here.    They get vocal in the morning but this morning not as much.  I think it’s because I have kept doors open such as the closet or cellar.  Overall they have behaved except for the early morning vocalizations while M&R sleep.  I ordered some new litter catching mats and spray for the furniture.  They will be arriving along with more canned cat food tomorrow.

I still haven’t done the taxes yet but I expect to do them either tomorrow or Saturday during the day.  Yes I know I have been procrastinating.  I guess it usually works under pressure but my stress level may go up.

Wonderful news my niece Jess and her family welcomed their baby daughter Giada earlier this week.  Everyone is fine.  According to the latest FB post they will be bringing her home this weekend.  I can’t wait to meet her but I am pretty sure it will be awhile yet.

Everyone else in Liz’s family is doing well.  We may get a visit from Chris and Jen around Mother’s Day.  They had prior commitments during this month so they hope to be here then.  Nelson has his surgery next week.

We haven’t spoken to Ethel (My SIL) directly except through FB and she seems to be doing well.  My Niece Diane and Rogier just returned from Paris where Rogier ran in a marathon that was there and they did well.  They shared some of their photos and adventures.  My nephew John and his wife are doing well (according to their Facebook pages).  They will be moving to Alaska in late spring early summer.  Their brother has been busy working. 

 I spoke to Jim this week and he is feeling much better than last weekend.  He had been fighting a cold and seems better.  He was feeling pretty good via text earlier but he was unexpectedly called into work on Thursday.  The kids are doing well I guess.

We had an update on my Cousin Rah and he is doing pretty well.    He will be having Easter with his brothers.

However Donna had news of her own. Her Husband Bob was admitted to the hospital within the last couple of days for a heart attack.  He has had a stent put in and should be home by Saturday.

Now it’s time for us to go on our errands…


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…