Sorry I disappeared


As I expected this past week has been busy. My days have started early and kept on being busy with work, and a few appointments and a rally to support local 33.  Almost every night I have come home exhausted.

Work was great.  I had some mail to catch up on and of course doing the full mail job (and not have Gargoyle help or take over).  Don’t think we will be getting LB’s assistance in doing the mail whenever I am out.  She hated it.  She made sure everyone knew it.  I was also given additional task.   It’s scanning again.  I haven’t done it in a while.  I was told at the beginning of the week and by mid-week I was being trained and worked on it.   SR reminded me to let them know if it gets to be too much (between the refunds, mail, and scanning) I told her it hasn’t affected me yet and that I would.  Although I have already had a few things given to my friend to do.

There was a “Town Hall Meeting” for Yale Medicine last week.  It basically covered the big “move”, budget, and other stuff that’s coming down the pike.  I watched it from my computer at my desk.  The Move won’t be happening until sometime in June and the location still a mystery.  The budget I didn’t quite understand it but then again as someone says I don’t have to.  The one thing is as whole we are growing which means more people and more “everything”.

With Bob the supervisors help we figured out how much time I need to take before I lose it.  So as of right now I am taking this Wednesday afternoon off for my dinner that night.  I have put in for a long weekend next weekend.

I also attended the rally in support of Local 33 earlier this week.  Negotiations have not gone well and some of the members are holding a fast (not a hunger strike) to bring awareness to the conditions the Grad Students have had to deal with in their times here.  I know they need to face some challenges but not the kind of stuff that I heard that night.  To generalize they are privileged is wrong just like any other generalization in today’s society.  It was a rainy day that day too.  I did get to catch up “quickly” with Siduri.  I just got a couple more updates from the ‘fasting’.   

I had a few Doctor’s appointments this past week and some had been cancelled.  I was supposed to see Courtney the health coach unfortunately she went home sick so I was sitting in the waiting room for nearly 30 minutes.  It was the same night as the rally.

On Wednesday I saw the Pulmonary doctor and he was quite pleased to tell me that everything looked good.  The CT-Scan I took back in December and it was normal.  He knows I don’t use the CPAP regularly. I don’t know what that will mean in the future.  I will see him in October.

Thursday I met with Debra.  It was a session that focused on my vacation, work, and family stuff.  I believe we get to see each next week.  We won’t be meeting the next Thursday as I have a dinner that night.

I didn’t go out Thursday night for any other meetings.  I went to bed instead.  I will have a lot to catch up on next month.

On Friday I had dinner with Dave we had couple of hours of catching up on each other’s lives. 

The woman’s club Fashion show went off with only a few hitches (the rooms the models were going to use had changed and the elevator was fairly slow.  It went off okay.

Now I am going off to bed so that I can start the upcoming week fully rested…

Comments