Skip to main content

What's this I see?

I saw sunshine yesterday!!! I stepped out for a second to check the temp early in the day and it was still a little chilly.  By the time I got out to do bingo it was still a little chilly.  Today is supposed to be in the 50’s and 60’s but cloudy.

I was up at 6 and did the normal routine for a Sunday Morning.  I had coffee and watched TV and surfed the net.  I finally got some of the laundry folded did some more by the time the night was over.

Before leaving for Bingo I made lunch and napped and did some surfing on the net.  I also did hear from Sis via text.  She wanted to know if I was going to bingo and when Mama R and Papa M were coming. 

After that I took off for bingo.  I was fairly early for the first time in a while and had an opportunity to catch up with Claudia.  She works per diem as a receptionist for the nursing home.  We had a lovely chat.  Recreation Bob was gathering residents and we set up and just about 2 I started.  Two of the girls came around 2:30 I think.  I made them put away their phones during the games.

After Bingo I headed for the post office.  I was also going to stop at Golden Corral but decided against it.  It was the second full day of opening weekend.  After all delays as recently as Thursday.  Word went out they would be open on April 1.  There was a report on its opening day on the News12 (local cable news station).  It looked busy I am not sure if it met with expectations.  According to the article I read it must have of course there are some really nasty insulting comments in the comment section.

I stopped by the post office and found a thank you letter from the Radio station for my donation to their fundraiser this past month and of course the bill for the Box rental.  I have until the end of the month to pay it.

When I came home the babies were still sleeping and I watched TV and fell asleep again for a while.  Eventually they came down and ambled around and then sat with me.  I spent the evening doing some crossword puzzles and then finally washed out the litter box.

I have been procrastinating on a few things that I need to do this week in preparation for the visit.  The major cleaning is going to be done the day they come but I am going to make sure the bed has new linen and the rest of it is in good shape.






Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…