Skip to main content

Another Busy Week

The end of Last week brought on a really enjoyable evening with the KFC Ladies Night on Friday.  The weather of course was chilly.  For the entire weekend.  
This week the chilly weather continued with some rain on and off the entire week.  That included commencement activities at work.  An incredibly long march at that I finally recovered from last night (Tuesday).
Also the annual Creative Writing contest reception was held on Monday and it really was a great turn out.  I think we have some great future writers coming down the road.  Dr. T urged the teachers and families to nurture the writing in the kids.  It really sounded like a farewell in a way.
Thursday is the Scholarship presentation over at one of the high schools.  I usually end up staying for the whole thing.  THere isn’t a chance in the world that this year will be any different.
A long holiday weekend coming up.  I didn’t take any extra time off this time but I might in June for a tentative trip to Florida.  Waiting to hear back from Mama Roberta.  I haven’t been to FL since 1977.    I have been searching and I still don’t know what I am doing even though I flew last year.
I am having kitchen sink issues (aka plumbing) the pressure doesn’t seem to be strong and after I have turned it off it keeps going.  I put a call  to my nephew Mike and he will call me tomorrow night.
My afternoon went south or at least half way there.  I made what i consider a huge blunder when I was scanning a particular batch and I forgot to put in some information that was important and then I sent wrote it to the “system”. I had to rescan it and it hasn’t shown up yet.  I felt like an idiot.
I was running late to get to the hair salon.  I called them to tell them I was going to be late.  Maria calls me back to let me know Karen left for the day and that Maryann wrote that I would be there tomorrow for the Ad.  I know well and good that I asked for today.  THis is just really pissing me off.  I left a few minutes early to get there.  I was hoping to get it to SHaron tonight along with my own.   I talked with her about it and I can drop it off at her house tomorrow.    My phone went wonky before actually talking with her.
I got my call from Courtney and we talked about articles that focus on portions and things like this because I told her how my 6 weeks have been.  Trying to make the best choices and still not seeing results.   BTW  I had salad for lunch today no jelly beans (had a lot yesterday) and salad with my lamb chops and yogurt.  Lots of coffee both decaf and regular.  That’s probably why I am so aggravated tonight.
I think it's time I hit the sack...I am really stressed and the kitties can sense it they were avoiding and pulling away from me tonight making me feel like a crappy fur Mommy.  Of course i felt a little better an hour later when they did actually feel like showing me some kitty love.


Popular posts from this blog

Yay Friday

I am so glad today is Friday.I woke up early again but stayed in bed for a bit.I didn’t lay down again after feeding the cats today.I did a little straightening up here and there.
I got a message from Livia last night letting me know I dated the check wrong and wanted a fresh one.I left another one with today’s date on it.I am just not sure when she is coming over.I didn’t want the house to look messed up after all the work she did.
The ride in was a bit anxiety filled.Several times I thought I was going to plow into the back of several cars.I wasn’t speeding but the cars in front of me didn’t seem to move.I was glad to get to the garage and then to the office.
In the morning I did some refunds and then spent time working on the readdress mail.It was about that time my guardian angel suggested I needed to do them (No kidding) and then as the afternoon progressed.She asked me to write up all that needs to be done because SR was upset that both of us were taking the beginning of next month…

i waited

I had been waiting since 10 to hear from AH my Easter Dinner host about dropping off the main dish to store in my refrigerator overnight.I was expecting her to call before coming. Well she called me around 4:30 to let me know that she didn’t need to come over she had managed to clean her own refrigerator.I had things that I wanted to do.
Liz ended up coming here for coffee and we got caught up with family news for the next hour.She brought me a choc bunny and flowers, and some sweets for breakfast and or desserts.She had mocked horror when I told her how the kitties were able to go in to a closet.She told me what was going on with her SIL in Waterbury and how this and the ride up to Waterbury was a bit much for Nelson.
I have been doing a few things here and there.Like folding clothes, doing the dishes, and very shortly cleaning up the bathroom-again.Earlier had the TV on and did some net browsing.
Oh and around 10 am this morning April the Giraffe finally had her baby.I can’t believe I …

I swear

I swear every time I go to do my taxes.I have issues whether it is internet connections, firewalls, or I have problems with my passwords.I started to get it set up around 8 and ended up using and I still have to fix it.Didn’t put info in that is needed.Will have to do it soon.
So Easter at my friend’s house.I have mixed feelings about it.It was a little hectic and awkward for me.The food phenomenal.The behavior of some really rude.I was asked to set the table yet this one woman who has only been here (in the country) five years doesn’t move.I didn’t want to wait for her to finish cutting something that could have been done in the kitchen.A few people spoke in Greek and when they know how to speak English whether it is limited or not.Everyone left me at the table with the old Greek lady who barely spoke English.I really didn’t appreciate it.The hostess interrupts her daughter while the daughter is speaking and doesn’t say excuse me.I let Roberta know when we were leavin…